Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a short STi video I made running through a mostly closed road. I have no place to host it...just wanted someone to have a look, and if it's good enough, host it somewhere. Any takers? :)

RN

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
renichms said:
I have a short STi video I made running through a mostly closed road. I have no place to host it...just wanted someone to have a look, and if it's good enough, host it somewhere. Any takers? :)

RN
how big is it?? u can email it to me and i'll dl it and throw some feedback

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: STi video

CustomS10 said:
how big is it?? u can email it to me and i'll dl it and throw some feedback
Info says it's 9.1MB in MP4 format. What's your email?

RN

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The emails won't take an attachment that big.

RN

·
Banned
643 Posts
GREAT VIDEO< didn't get sound though, I thought that car flipped, but it was just the camera, had me scared for a min.:eek:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TSi AWD said:
GREAT VIDEO< didn't get sound though, I thought that car flipped, but it was just the camera, had me scared for a min.:eek:
Thanks...you wouldn't want to see the other run on that road. I strapped the camera in a different way and when I hit the "rough crossing," all the camera caught from then on was sky...plus the rear end came out a bit in the gravel.

RN

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ayS said:
nice vid, got any more? :) :D :cool: ;)
Within the next few weeks I should have 3 more. 1 from a WRX wagon on empty, curvy roads in the 75-115 mph range, following my STi and a friend's 944. Then 2nd is from my car and 3rd from the 944. The roads are long enough for a good 5-6 minutes of HARD driving too. :)

RN

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Which format did you all view? MP4 or MOV?

RN

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ayS said:
i viewed it in .mov what's the mp4 format play on?
Quicktime plays them both.

RN

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ayS said:
okay cool. was not sure. got any more vids? where do you have your camera mounted to?
No more videos yet but it's only a matter of time. I've been using straps to hold it to the passenger "headrest." May strap in a tripod in the back to get view of gauges too, but gotta secure it really well.

RN

·
Registered
28 Posts
renichms said:
No more videos yet but it's only a matter of time. I've been using straps to hold it to the passenger "headrest." May strap in a tripod in the back to get view of gauges too, but gotta secure it really well.

RN
i've seen camera pods for s2000's. wonder if they, or others may work for WRX's, or other cars in general for that matter.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
looks like you were having fun...

what was that beeping noise BTW???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts