Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sti Uppipe

I want to buy a UPPIPE that will give me as much HP as it can,,and i want the uppipe to dont give CEL'S.
I want HP,,but no CEL...Is this possible???
STI uppipe have a cat??
MRT is the best??or vishnu???zerosports??SS???
Hope someone can help me out :)
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
As far as I know, none of the uppipes will give you a CEL. It's when you get to the downpipe that you have to start to worry about that. The Sti does not have a cat. What's good about it is that it flexes to help prevent leaks. I just installed my Godspeed uppipe and it works great. I feel the hp increase, but I can't tell you exactly how mauch of a gain I got. You can read more about it here.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have a PDE uppipe that has been in for a short while (~750 miles) and no leaks and no CELs... I also have a TurboXS high-flow cat-equipped downpipe... <knocks on wood>

Aloha,
Richard...

P.S. I think the quality of my coated PDE uppipe is awesome! Great fitment, great power increase, great drivability increase...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think the turbo XS cat back with high flow cat is good??
where is located the cat???
is the Turbo XS quality good???
the PDE uppipe i heard real good things about it,,but i think i will go STI OEM..
do you think there is a difference in performance for the STI uppipe and other aftermarket uppipes???
do you think with the STI uppipe i will squeeze all the HP i want,out of it??
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
tuca33 said:
Do you think the turbo XS cat back with high flow cat is good??
where is located the cat???
is the Turbo XS quality good???
the PDE uppipe i heard real good things about it,,but i think i will go STI OEM..
do you think there is a difference in performance for the STI uppipe and other aftermarket uppipes???
do you think with the STI uppipe i will squeeze all the HP i want,out of it??
Thanks
Tuca
Turbo XS products have usually gotten good reviews from everyone who has them...so yes, their exhaust is great. You can get the exhaust with the cat or without. If you get it with the cat, it's on the front midpipe. Here's a pic of it so you can better see what I'm talking about...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to buy a STI uppipe,and i want to know if the STI uppipe by itself throw CEL'S??
Anyone have this uppipe???
I know the MRT dont have the CEL problem,,but i wanted to go STI because its OEM.
But i dont know if the CEL'S come on with this uppipe???
I will combine this uppipe with an aftermarket turbo back system,and there is why i have to pay attention to CEL'S very much..
Anyone have a STI UPPIPE TO TELL ME??
Thanks
Tuca

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
WRXin' said:
As far as I know, none of the uppipes will give you a CEL. It's when you get to the downpipe that you have to start to worry about that. The Sti does not have a cat. What's good about it is that it flexes to help prevent leaks. I just installed my Godspeed uppipe and it works great. I feel the hp increase, but I can't tell you exactly how mauch of a gain I got. You can read more about it here.
there you go. please don't double post.

dR

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
If you want the JDM STI Uppipe, the ones I have seen do not have a bung for the EGT sensor. This WILL create a CEL if you do not use the resistor mod. I have posted this as a STICKY in the Engine Performance area. FYI. Check out this thread.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8837

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
tuca33 said:
I want to buy a STI uppipe,and i want to know if the STI uppipe by itself throw CEL'S??
Anyone have this uppipe???
I know the MRT dont have the CEL problem,,but i wanted to go STI because its OEM.
But i dont know if the CEL'S come on with this uppipe???
I will combine this uppipe with an aftermarket turbo back system,and there is why i have to pay attention to CEL'S very much..
Anyone have a STI UPPIPE TO TELL ME??
Thanks
Tuca
No the STi pipe won't throw a cel (w/ the resisitor mod), none of the aftermarket uppipes should throw a cel. As Kurlee mentioned the STi upipe (at least the one I have) does not come w/ a EGT bung. You can have one welded/threaded in and put the sensor back in or simply do the resistor mod (what I chose). T

The aftermarket turbo back- specifically the downpipe (if decatted) can throw a cat inefficiency cel. Dan's doesn't and some come w/ a cat that won't.
Some also offer an electronic fix.

·
Registered
295 Posts
STi Up-pipe With EGT Bung

Kind of small, but here it is

This is the Version I STi uppipe with EGT.

Version II started being used on Aug 18th of this year (also used on the S202)...
If you want to do the research, here are the FHI part numbers:

V1:44104AA012 (STi '01.5 and up)
V2:44104FE050 (STi Type RA, S202, STi Limited, etx)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what is that in the picture??
the big thing???
do you think the AVO uppipe is the best way to go??
does it have to be flex???
My car i think is JDM,,will this cause fitment issues in the uppipe??
Thanks
Tuca

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
The big thing in the pic is the exhaust manifold. Don't know about the AVO. I think having flex should aid in preventing cels. JDM should be the same- if it is you may already be catless in the uppipe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
tuca33 said:
what is that in the picture??
the big thing???
Please put my mind at ease and spend some more time under your car. It kind of scares me that you don't know what the exhaust manifold looks like and you're planning to do all these mods. Find a copy of the shop manual on CD and find somebody with experience to help you on the up-pipe swap.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never planned to do those mods alone.
I have a friend who installs turbochargers in a lot of cars here,,and he will do the work for me,for free :)
If i have a JDM car,then i will have a catless uppipe stock??
the European and Japanese models dont have a cat in the uppipe?
Thanks
Tuca

1 - 16 of 16 Posts