ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear lots of ppl saying that the evo has alot more potential then the STi i wouldnt like to think this is tru my self but can u guys tell me if this is true and why

oh yea and one more question i think and tell ppl that even tho the evo can out handle a sti on the street i think us STis would rape them on any type of dirt snow ect.. any one else here to back me up?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
One engine is a decade old one is a little over a year old, which do you think would have more immediate upgrade potential?

The sti engine is still being explored no one knows its limits yet.

As for handling the evo has some stiffer springs/struts/sways so it feels better on tarmac stock but ive never seen any proof it handles all that much better, just that its easier to drive then the sti when you first jump in. Stock they both suck in the snow and dirt, if you put on some snow or rally tires on both cars the sti would probably do better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I test drove an evo to see what all the hype was and I hated it. Yes it is fast and handles good, but the ride is 10 times harsher then my STi. I could not stand to have to feel my tailbone smacking the pavement on every bump. The STi is pretty rough but the EVO is very rough. For everyday driving and the occasional race I would take the STi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts