Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cobb Access Port with a new tune on the STi and notice the clutch is burning when driving it. It can be as simple as backing out of a parking spot but very noticeable when getting on it. I’m now on a new clutch with the same problem. Last night I completely uninstalled it and flashed back to factory. I took the car out for a fun triple digit drive with lots of corners, quick starts, and shifting and had zero burnt clutch smell. I don’t have anything too aggressive in terms of mods - basically a stage 1+

For now I’m just going to run the stock tune but for the life of me find this hard to believe and wanted to share my experience and see if anyone had comments or similar experiences.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you said new clutch did you replace just the clutch or the whole shebang? Could be a pressure plate that is worn and not able to handle the increased torque. I had this issue on an old Civic Si when I bolted on a turbo years ago.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
I have a Cobb Access Port with a new tune on the STi and notice the clutch is burning when driving it. It can be as simple as backing out of a parking spot but very noticeable when getting on it. I’m now on a new clutch with the same problem. Last night I completely uninstalled it and flashed back to factory. I took the car out for a fun triple digit drive with lots of corners, quick starts, and shifting and had zero burnt clutch smell. I don’t have anything too aggressive in terms of mods - basically a stage 1+

For now I’m just going to run the stock tune but for the life of me find this hard to believe and wanted to share my experience and see if anyone had comments or similar experiences.
No, the AP doesn't add enough power to cause the clutch to slip unless it is already bad. Even a cobb stage 2+ shouldn't be enough to cause the clutch to slip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts