ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 08 WRX sedan and it appears to have a STI wing. The guy at the dealership told me that in order to go back to the WRX spoiler I would have to change the entire trunk????? Does this sound right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah most of the time you do have to buy the trunk as well..
The bolt pattern for the wrx wing is different than the sti one.
I bought just the STI wing and i ended up having to drill more holes to fit it on my wrx trunk.
Also, you want a new spring for the trunk because the wrx wing is alot less weight so if you just bolt the STI wing on it, it makes it way to heavy.. or in your case, popping the trunk would make it POP way to fast. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Great thanks! I kind of like the WRX wing look more but I guess I'm stuck with this one for now. It looks good tho

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Is the bolt pattern the only reason people swap out a perfectly good WRX trunk lid for an STI lid, or is there a visible difference between then sans the wing?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just bought a 08 WRX sedan and it appears to have a STI wing. The guy at the dealership told me that in order to go back to the WRX spoiler I would have to change the entire trunk????? Does this sound right?
In 2008 they didn't even have an STI sedan so they probably did a massive amount of work to fit that puppy on an '08 trunk. I'm sure you can find someone willing to swap you a stock WRX one though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts