ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what would it cost me to swap an 04 wrx trans for a sti 6spd? Or should i get the ppg gears

·
Registered
104 Posts
ppg gears are really looud gear noise. do you drive the car everyday like your only car? for a little more money you can get the 6 speed my vote is 6 speed. im not totally sure on the 6 speed tranny with instalation is but i would guess around 5 or 6 grand. that is just a guess might be cheaper or more not sure

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
I was wondering what would it cost me to swap an 04 wrx trans for a sti 6spd? Or should i get the ppg gears
if you have the old style axles, it'll be 4500+shipping from frank at millenium auto. it will come with the flywheel, clutch, 6sp, dccd controller, linkage, driveshaft, and differential.

if you have the new style axles it'll be a bit cheaper as you won't need the stubs.

you'll want a bit of oops money and you'll probably need about 40$ for the fluid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you have the old style axles, it'll be 4500+shipping from frank at millenium auto. it will come with the flywheel, clutch, 6sp, dccd controller, linkage, driveshaft, and differential.

if you have the new style axles it'll be a bit cheaper as you won't need the stubs.

you'll want a bit of oops money and you'll probably need about 40$ for the fluid.
I have an 05, and i am looking to do a swap. How do i go about getting a hold of millenium auto??

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
ppg gears are really looud gear noise. do you drive the car everyday like your only car? for a little more money you can get the 6 speed my vote is 6 speed. im not totally sure on the 6 speed tranny with instalation is but i would guess around 5 or 6 grand. that is just a guess might be cheaper or more not sure
only straight cut PPGs are loud helical cut are quiet as stock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts