ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking very seriously about trading my 02 celica gt-s for an 05 sti. i know you guys are obviously gonna be a little bias, but i want to hear some feedback from some sti owners. the only thing i'm concerned about is the payments. i've only got 3 years left on my celica @ $425, but if i get the sti i'll have payments of around $450 for the next 4 years after i trade the celica in. should i just stick with the gt-s or should i dive in and get the sti? i'm going to test drive one tomorrow at a dealership and look at them more closely. let me know what you guys think. later

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, forgot to mention that i'm looking at getting about $15,000 trade-in for my gt-s. it's got the trd body kit and trd exhaust...

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
gts02 said:
i'm thinking very seriously about trading my 02 celica gt-s for an 05 sti. i know you guys are obviously gonna be a little bias, but i want to hear some feedback from some sti owners. the only thing i'm concerned about is the payments. i've only got 3 years left on my celica @ $425, but if i get the sti i'll have payments of around $450 for the next 4 years after i trade the celica in. should i just stick with the gt-s or should i dive in and get the sti? i'm going to test drive one tomorrow at a dealership and look at them more closely. let me know what you guys think. later
If you can work that out (get an STi for $450 a month X 48 months) then go for it. They payments will be only a little bit more and even though its for an extra year to get a MUCH better car. If you can swing that I say do it for sure :thumbup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
525 Posts
Its tough to ask for financial advice from a group that would sell body parts for the right car. For many of us, the joy of driving the right car is worth whatever financial sacrifice it takes. Get the STi.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
go drive it tomorrow and post your thoughts... that'll tell you what you need to know :thumbup:
bryan

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT... test drive the STi and tell us how you feel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i plan on test driving it about 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, they have 4 in stock. 1 blue, 1 white, 2 black. i've only had my gt-s for about 6 months now and i love it to death, but i've just gotta have more power. there are some very promising mods coming up for the gt-s, but i would rather go with the sti to save time/potential problems. also, i figured it up and after my trade-in and saving up my money (i live with my dad now so i can save up for a new car, that whole no rent thing rocks!), my payments will only be $333 for 4 years. not bad. oh, and by the way, you guys are waaayy nicer than the people on newcelica.org or everythingcelica.com. evertyime a "newbie" comes along, it seems like there is always someone there to give you crap. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
how much more do you owe on the celica? That added on to the STI when you do the trade in will suck. STI-$32,000.... total left on Celica loan...approx $8,000 (not saying that you owe this much but kinda giving you the picture)....=$40,000. :eek3: . Thats a lot! This is what happened to my friend. He owed $4000 more on his loan when he did the trade in. All they did was tack on the difference to the $16,000 of the new car. Total ...$20,000 and he is paying through his a$$ cause the monthly came out way higher than he expected. Be careful with the dealers. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i borrowed $13000 for the celica ( i threw down like $5000) up front. i plan on buying the sti later in the year whenever the 06's get ready to come out, that way i can get a better deal perhaps. whenever i go to purchase the sti though, i will only owe around $8000 on the celica, but i should have around $8000 saved up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what do you guys think the trade-in value would be on my car? i'm basically going to garage it until the sti purchase that way i won't rack up miles. i have an old car that i can drive to save miles...

·
Registered
106 Posts
gts02 said:
what do you guys think the trade-in value would be on my car? i'm basically going to garage it until the sti purchase that way i won't rack up miles. i have an old car that i can drive to save miles...

I did kbb trade in value guessing your car has 30k on it.......it was like 13.9

Not to burst your bubble but my brother has an 05 rsx type s..........the trade in value is 19.6 for a 2004 (05 book isn't even out yet), plus 05 is resdesinged. Dealerships will only give my brother 17,000 and we are hagglers i mean they just won't do anymore than that.....so that gives you an idea how lame subaru is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jerm95gt04WRX said:
I did kbb trade in value guessing your car has 30k on it.......it was like 13.9

Not to burst your bubble but my brother has an 05 rsx type s..........the trade in value is 19.6 for a 2004 (05 book isn't even out yet), plus 05 is resdesinged. Dealerships will only give my brother 17,000 and we are hagglers i mean they just won't do anymore than that.....so that gives you an idea how lame subaru is.
geez! $17,000? LAAME! man that sucks, i still think i'll get the sti regardless though. my parents give me $300/month for car payment, plus i don't have any bills, so the payment isn't that big of a deal. i just don't want a huge debt lingering over my head. i usually bring home $700 every 2 weeks after taxes, so that plus the $300 a month my parents give me shouldn't make buying the payments too bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, drove the sti today. wicked. loooots of power! i didn't know they ran 14.5 lbs of boost, that's quite a bit. it was weird driving an awd drive car for the first time too. i was extremely impressed with the power. i also stopped in at a nissan dealership and drove a 350Z that had a ton of nismo parts hung on it right out of the factory. 19's, cold air intake, dual catback, sways, short shifter, everything. they were both $34,000. i'm leaning toward the nissan now. i think one of the reasons is because the subaru dealer didn't think i was serious, and kind of acted like it was killing him to let me test drive the sti. the nissan dealer let me hop in their most expensive, tricked out Z and handed me the keys with a smile. dunno, i've got a few months to decide.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
gts02 said:
well, drove the sti today. wicked. loooots of power! i didn't know they ran 14.5 lbs of boost, that's quite a bit. it was weird driving an awd drive car for the first time too. i was extremely impressed with the power. i also stopped in at a nissan dealership and drove a 350Z that had a ton of nismo parts hung on it right out of the factory. 19's, cold air intake, dual catback, sways, short shifter, everything. they were both $34,000. i'm leaning toward the nissan now. i think one of the reasons is because the subaru dealer didn't think i was serious, and kind of acted like it was killing him to let me test drive the sti. the nissan dealer let me hop in their most expensive, tricked out Z and handed me the keys with a smile. dunno, i've got a few months to decide.
the z's are beautiful cars it is a hard choice, what's your location? Do you have to worry about driving in snow? As for the nismo parts, don't pay extra for any of that crap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i live in ky, so we do get snow, however, i have an old car that i can drive and i can keep whatever car i get in the garage. the nismo stuff was just some stuff they had for a demo car, but i do like those 19's. man. those things are huge!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would i be better off to buy a stripped down z and just go from there with wheels/intake/exhaust?

·
Registered
106 Posts
gts02 said:
i live in ky, so we do get snow, however, i have an old car that i can drive and i can keep whatever car i get in the garage. the nismo stuff was just some stuff they had for a demo car, but i do like those 19's. man. those things are huge!

Nissan looks sweet, unfortunately its an overpriced piece of ****, it drives like a boat...........and is slow. If you are learning towards nissan you are crazy.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
modding the car yourself will most likely be a TON cheaper than buying the stuff installed from the dealership, and the aftermarket parts you buy will probably be higher quality as well.
bryan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts