ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I know this topic has been covered (I have heard of this thing called 'Search'), but I am finding conflicting information. All the posts I have found say that an STI OEM rear sway bar will not fit a WRX.

According to Subaru's SPT website (see attachment) the sways do fit an '06 WRX Sedan (unless I am misreading this?). Is this accurate?

Next, I am able to get parts through the dealer for basically cost (my wife works there). Given this information, would it be worthwile to get the STI sway bars? Front and Rear?

I have tracked my car once and done auto-cross once, so it is mainly for street use. No other suspension modifications done.

Summary:
Will it fit?
Will I see an improvement?
Is it worth it?

Thanks for any and all responses (even if they are not helpful because they draw more attention to this thread :tongue:).

-CZ

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
The SPT swaybar kit doesn't go into much detail, but I would imagine that it is STi parts designed to work with the WRX.

The STi uses different rear lateral links and endlinks than the WRX.

I would recommend getting a set of 22mm bars front and rear and giving that a try. The Hotchkis set is very nice.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I would recommend getting a set of 22mm bars front and rear and giving that a try. The Hotchkis set is very nice.
+1

you will get hotckis/perrin/cusco/whiteline...etc. for cheaper, larger diameter and fitment will be just as good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if they will be cheaper or not. I will have to ask for a price quote for the STI sways in order to find that out.

Just wanted to know if they will provide any improvement over stock wrx sways.

I am also looking into the Hotchkiss sways as well to see the price vs. performance differences. My assumption is that the hotchkiss will provide better performance, but will be more expensive. Is the extra performance worth the cost?

Thanks for your input.
-CZ

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a quote for the STI Sway bars listed above. As you may have guessed these are not the STI OEM sway bars (which are 20mm). These are apperently 21mm in diameter. I can get them for ~$140 each. (OEM 20mm sways are ~$70 each).

Still not sure what to do...:confused:

Thanks for everybody's input.

-CZ

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
yeah the ones listed on the SPT site as fitting the WRX are aftermarket STi bars- 21mm in dia- the same sway bars that are fitted to the spec C RA and other special edition Imprezas

the fit and finish of the bars is expected, factory like, but for the $ I'd go adjustable- you ca find Whiteline (and other) adj bars for about the same cost

·
Registered
653 Posts
yeah the ones listed on the SPT site as fitting the WRX are aftermarket STi bars- 21mm in dia- the same sway bars that are fitted to the spec C RA and other special edition Imprezas

the fit and finish of the bars is expected, factory like, but for the $ I'd go adjustable- you ca find Whiteline (and other) adj bars for about the same cost
I've been a fan of Vovlo for decades...

http://www.rallitek.com/

Worth a call, and you can pick up local.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts