Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Subaru wrx
I just bought a 2015 wrx sti that was totaled
I’m looking to take the whole swap that’s in the sti and put it in my 07 wrx is this something that’s is as easy as pulling botor and trans with computer? How would I get it done

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
I have a 2007 Subaru wrx
I just bought a 2015 wrx sti that was totaled
I’m looking to take the whole swap that’s in the sti and put it in my 07 wrx is this something that’s is as easy as pulling botor and trans with computer? How would I get it done
As far as I'm aware it's not that easy. However I've only really looked into it via the same generation of vehicle.

I dont believe the engine and trans has changed so it should drop in however you will need different axles, hubs, possibly exhaust, and you will need the DCCD controller too.

Now, wiring all of that up to the existing car is easier said than done. That's what stopped me from doing any of it. I decided with what my time is worth it would be way cheaper to have sold my wrx and bought an sti.

If you run with this please keep a detailed build log with what you needed and how you did it. You won't be the only person wanting to know how and you could have the answers for another brave soul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts