ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does a stock STI put down at the wheels? I've seen 240whp +\-5 from the posts? Am I close? Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humm

Where should I have done it for future reference?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
ahh u traded up for an STi? shweet! :D

for a dyno dynamics dyno (uncorrected) here's a dynograph of the vishnu stage 1 sti
Green is stock whp.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo

1. Yes I have a STI now.
2. So according to the chart, it looks like it's only putting down 220whp/215ft/lbs? :sadwave:

·
Registered
343 Posts
chuglobal said:
1. Yes I have a STI now.
2. So according to the chart, it looks like it's only putting down 220whp/215ft/lbs? :sadwave:
That's the problem with dyno charts; they are all different due to temperature, operator inputs, and dyno type.

In this case the dyno is a Dyno Dynamics, or a "heart breaker". They always read low. 210-220whp is decent for a pull on a DD. On a DynoJet, most people get 240-260whp with their STi's (with 260whp being exceptional.)

Dyno's should only be used to measure increases (or decreases) after modifications. They shouldn't be used for comparing to other people's dyno numbers - at least not unless it is the same machine, location, temperature, etc.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
sportcompact magazine had a comparison between evo and sti ...on a dynojet dyno it had the sti at 260whp 259trq

edit: oh and they also dynoed the MR on the same dyno, for MR 246whp and 259trq

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yo

I just wanted to be prepared if I get "low" numbers than expected.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
in houston a stock sti put down 255wtq 247whp stock :D hooray for zeor elevation and pressure craming in our pistons weeee to power

with my tbe my car at 3500 rpms in 2nd gear when i hit it the car just burns out

·
Registered
299 Posts
WRXout said:
with my tbe my car at 3500 rpms in 2nd gear when i hit it the car just burns out
Really? What tires?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I think you need to start a new thread, or post in a newer one.. rather than digging up something from nine years ago from members who are no longer active on the site.

(260whp sounds about right) ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I gapped a 96 WRX STI in my stock srt4 so I'd guess 220whp is correct

In this case the dyno is a Dyno Dynamics, or a "heart breaker". They always read low. 210-220whp is decent for a pull on a DD. On a DynoJet, most people get 240-260whp with their STi's (with 260whp being exceptional.)

Dyno's should only be used to measure increases (or decreases) after modifications. They shouldn't be used for comparing to other people's dyno numbers - at least not unless it is the same machine, location, temperature, etc.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts