ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between the stock wrx springs and the STi springs im thinking about putting them on my 05 wrx but would it be worth it?

·
Registered
861 Posts
A mate of mine has 02 wrx and I have the 02 sti... ride is very different.. sti is much harder and solid ride with more responsiveness.. But if you go with the sti springs I would recommend you also fit sway bars to take full advantige of the upgrade...

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Its a pity the states didnt get their own version of the v7 sti like Aus/SA did... the wrx is a good car to start with, but if you drive that and drive the sti version... you can clearly feel the handing is better!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Whats the difference between the stock wrx springs and the STi springs im thinking about putting them on my 05 wrx but would it be worth it?
If you look into the aftermarket STI pink's they are essentially the same as the stock STI springs, so if you read anything about the pinks it will apply to the results you could expect from putting STI springs on a wrx. They lower the car a bit give a stiffer ride and reduce body roll a good amount.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Your ride height won't change much, but they do stiffen up the chassis and reduce body roll and allow the car to handle better.
+ 1
i think it lowers the car 1/4 inch in the front

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i am a new subaru owner and im still just trying to learn as much as i can, i think ill go with those springs

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks guys, i am a new subaru owner and im still just trying to learn as much as i can, i think ill go with those springs
no problem ?
which ones ? the stock sti ones or the sti pinks ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
the pink ones are the only ones i could find, so the pinks
check out the personal for sale thread on here and the other subie sites im sure you can find some stock sti springs
actully i have some for sale if ur interested

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are STi springs different than normal WRX?

someone has a set of '04 STi springs available and I was wondering if the are any different or worth the difference to place on a stock 2003 WRX wagon?

Stiffer?
Lower?

Thanks!

pete

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
What are "pink" ones?
STI Pinks are an upgraded spring made by STI/Subaru. They aren't OEM on any cars. They are stiffer like STI springs, but also lower by about an inch.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
thanks... anyway to tell for sure if the springs I am looking at are STi springs? ie.. any marker, color, or part number on the spring itself?
As far as I know, no. STI Pinks...are actualy bright Pink though.

I think the stock STI springs are a little thicker and a little bigger in general. Look up pictures on Google Images :wiggles:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts