ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys not sure if this is the right form sorry if its not.

Anyways I have an 06 WRX and recently got an STI TMIC and when I called my local subaru stealership to order the STI splitter and bellows the guy asked me for my VIN number (which I did not have at the time) and when I asked him why he said there are different designs and he wanted to order the correct part

To my understanding there is no difference between the STI and WRX hood scoop on the 06-07 models and only 1 design of STI splitters. Is this correct or am I mistaken??

Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
the scoops are the same size but the STi has a bigger splitter and bellows underneath the hood. I bought my splitter and bellows off subarugenuineparts.com and got the splitter and bellows shipped for $110. You're right, there's only one size but the parts guy doesn't know that, they just ask for the VIN # because their software asks for it and it does help them pinpoint the part #'s.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
the scoops are the same size but the STi has a bigger splitter and bellows underneath the hood. I bought my splitter and bellows off subarugenuineparts.com and got the splitter and bellows shipped for $110. You're right, there's only one size but the parts guy doesn't know that, they just ask for the VIN # because their software asks for it and it does help them pinpoint the part #'s.
Yup...either order from a dealership that can figure stuff out without the vins or snag a STI vin off of ebay and give it to them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I just wanted to make sure. I ended up ordering everything from the same site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts