ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came up with the idea, that I think someone needs to do.

First, you need an STI.

Second, you need to completely debadge the STI.

Third, you need to swap out the trunklid for a WRX, or RS lid.

Then, get a FMIC, and a stock RS hood.

Now that there isn't a gigantic whale tail, and a enormous hood scoop... Your car looks pretty normal, and could smoke most anything on the road...

Any takers... Someone who doesn't want the attention that ther are currently getting... Like this old man in the STI who live somewhere near me, and everytime I rev up, he acts like no-one is there... That guy who should've bought a Camry....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Especially with a front mount, anyone who knows dick about cars would know you're a sleeper

·
Registered
173 Posts
wrxwaggin said:
I came up with the idea, that I think someone needs to do.

First, you need an STI.

Second, you need to completely debadge the STI.

Third, you need to swap out the trunklid for a WRX, or RS lid.

Then, get a FMIC, and a stock RS hood.

Now that there isn't a gigantic whale tail, and a enormous hood scoop... Your car looks pretty normal, and could smoke most anything on the road...

Any takers... Someone who doesn't want the attention that ther are currently getting... Like this old man in the STI who live somewhere near me, and everytime I rev up, he acts like no-one is there... That guy who should've bought a Camry....
I like the idea. I took off the wing on my 97 WRX completely and was thinking of going FMIC and changing the hood but I just sold the thing and am getting an STI (mainly to have a gearbox that can cope with the power I intend to give the car).

As for the FMIC, I think you can more or less hide it behind a black grille and by painting the tubes black.

I'd get a WRX wing like you said, though, because my wingless car became rather unstable at high speeds (above 120 mph).

·
Registered
67 Posts
only way to make an sti sleeper is grab a 95 impreza wagon swap an sti motor and huge front mount and make sure you have some rust spots

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
jbetanc, i wouldnt even consider thinking that was a sleeper. that sh*t looks like its going 150 mph standing still. oh yeah just bc it doesnt have a wing or scoop, its slow, ill race it :rolleyes:

throw in a viper engine in that mini van behind it then youll have a sleeper. haha

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Redline927 said:
jbetanc, i wouldnt even consider thinking that was a sleeper. that sh*t looks like its going 150 mph standing still. oh yeah just bc it doesnt have a wing or scoop, its slow, ill race it :rolleyes:

throw in a viper engine in that mini van behind it then youll have a sleeper. haha

His car doesn't look like a sleeper so much. But it also doesn't look like a STi.

His STi is amazing looking.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Not only Tunnertransformation, but SportsCompactCar is doing the same thing.

I read that they swapped the trunk lid with a California kid on Nasoic. after debadging and what not ...they CAN spray painted the car flat black .. (they were after a "MadMax" look, according to the article...) ... :confused1 sleeper is one thing but spray painting the car with paint from a can? Not just a car ...a friggin' STi...

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
platano said:
Not only Tunnertransformation, but SportsCompactCar is doing the same thing.

I read that they swapped the trunk lid with a California kid on Nasoic. after debadging and what not ...they CAN spray painted the car flat black .. (they were after a "MadMax" look, according to the article...) ... :confused1 sleeper is one thing but spray painting the car with paint from a can? Not just a car ...a friggin' STi...
Yeah I picked that mag up on the newstand the other day. I was horrified that they actually did use krylon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts