Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get the front STI door decals? Only place I've found them was on Rallispec.com but was told they were discontinued. Also, where you can get the STI foglight covers (not the mesh ones)?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know where you can get them but there's a WRX that's always parked at Woodfield mall that has them. I don't know if he's on the board or not though. Wish I was more helpfull.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, and thanks pittkid333 for the pics. I have a sedona red sedan and wasn't sure how they would look on red. I think they look great! Does anyone know if the STI foglight covers are just the plain foglight covers Subaru puts on?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cuda said:
Does anyone know if the STI foglight covers are just the plain foglight covers Subaru puts on?
If you are talking about geniune STi foglight covers, than the answer is no.

The STi foglight cover on a real STi is solid plastic, as the STi does not have foglights.

If you buy foglights from the Subaru dealer, its a clear plastic clip ons. Either buy the real STi meshed or STi replica meshed foglight covers, it gives you car a new look, plus still allowing you to use your foglights.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Rad Rex said:
Cuda,
Save yourself some green and get 'em here:
www.rallydecals.com

$10 for a set.

Amazing what you can find while you're waiting for your 'Rex to arrive
;)
I'll second that one- and a good place to deal with- quick service too!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I ordered my decals from rallydecals. I was going to go with the STI solid foglight covers but decided on the mesh covers after seeing them on Pittkid333's rex. Are the replicas as good as the genuine STI?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cuda said:
Yeah, I ordered my decals from rallydecals. I was going to go with the STI solid foglight covers but decided on the mesh covers after seeing them on Pittkid333's rex. Are the replicas as good as the genuine STI?
I would say they are pretty much the same, only difference is the genuine STi mesh comes painted, and the STi logo is already painted on aswell. Most replica will need to be painted, and you have to paint the STi logo on yourself if you want it, but seen a few without it, they do look good either way.

Try here for the replica STi mesh foglights:

www.wrxtuner.com

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine are replicas (MRT), and after buying them, then getting them painted I will NEVER buy another replica item for this car again...They look like they were already sanded, but sanded very very poorly (bought them from Langston Subaru offical MRT dealer)...Thus costing me another hour of labor to paint them...They turned out very good, but cost me like another $25...I know it's a trivial thing, but in short I wasn't happy with them... Oh yeah in April they cost me 119 + 50 for paint

Sorry I've been wanting to rant about this since April:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought the genuine STi mesh ones from MRT Performance in Australia (thats their head office), it took 2 months to get to me from the day I ordered them.

pittkid333:

Did you end up getting your STi headlights?

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
I got my replicas from Vivid for 75 bucks back in July- my car is black, so I didn't bother to paint them and I did the STi stencil myself- no problems other than they were a pain in the @$$ to put on- mostly because they sent bolts that were too short, so I had to get some longer ones at Home Despot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a 71 cuda with a 383 but sold it about two months ago. It needed some body work and I didn't want to mess with it. I just got a 70 Challenger R/T 440 in it's place. The engine needs work but the body and interior are in fantastic shape.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
WRX-EX- Nice car!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Aust-WRX said:

pittkid333:

Did you end up getting your STi headlights?
We still need 10 more people to join the GB...I hope it gets done soon

edit: Buy ends on December 31...So it looks like the end of February is when I'll be getting them!!!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
71 cuda sweet, it must have hurt to get rid of it though, even if it did need work. is your 70 challenger all original? i've had a 70 challenger 383 a 70 cuda factory 340 4spd that someone put a 6pk on a 72 factory 340 4spd demon and a 73 factory 360 duster with a factory sunroof. found my ragtop back in 89 and thats a keeper seeing that they only made 83 of them. best luck with the the MOPAR. dave

1 - 20 of 25 Posts