Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
drool!!!!!!!! i never thought much of it before but it looks really good. I put a momo boot and air leather knob on when i first got my rex. If i wanted to put the trim on would i have to remove the boot again or does it just sit ontop???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You would need to take the boot off, because you have to modify the plastic so the Trim can fit, Our stock is just a little to small.

To answer the other question the imperza is the sedan not the STI of the WRX.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can someone write up an idiot proof install. Like, very specific. I really wanna add that to my interrior, I think that would look sooo cool, but I dont wanna mess anything up. I am not sure how to take off the shift boot, or anything like that. Please help me out, I wanna be sure I can install it before I order it.

It looks sooo GREAT!

brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
BriSalig said:
Can someone write up an idiot proof install. Like, very specific. I really wanna add that to my interrior, I think that would look sooo cool, but I dont wanna mess anything up. I am not sure how to take off the shift boot, or anything like that. Please help me out, I wanna be sure I can install it before I order it.

It looks sooo GREAT!

brian
You may be better off buying the wrx impreza trim since its a direct fit. the STI trim is slightly larger and requires you to dremel off the plastic trim so that the sti trim will fit in. Your not done just yet- now you have to custom mount the shift boot to the frame since now it wont fit into the retainer clip pieces. now you have to dremel off parts of the boot trim so that you can use the bolts that hold on the STI trim and bolt the boot trim to that trim. It was actually not that hard for me, just need some time and dexterity.

better yet- just buy the wrx trim. If you still dying for the STI trim then its all on you to figure out what fabrication you need to do since you really cant explain it by words other than what I just typed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Actually, there is an alternative to having the authentic STi trim without having to cut up the center console piece. What you could do is order an STi trim and a console piece for an STi. I think I've heard that the piece goes for about $20 or so. I just modified my console. I found a regular hobby knife worked better to create the grooves instead of a dremmel. To disamble that part of the interior, just unscrew the shift know. Then put your hands at the bottom of the shift boot and underneath the plastic on both sides and just pull up. That center plastic piece is only held on with a few pop-in connections. Once you pull it out and put the trim to it, you will understand what needs to be done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i need help on this
please reply
i cant get the sti trim screw on
where do i screw it on to??? do i take the boot off the plastic ring and then what i do ??????????????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts