Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing the net and found a thread over at Iclub.com about the Isrperformance kit for the STi. They claim 430hp from the kit costing $3595.00

An STi owner with this kit claims he is running 12.0 - 12.2 in the 1/4 mile.

Anyone else know any information about this kit or even better, does anyone have it on their STi.

I'm just trying to find out if this is a big foot story or the real thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have seen 11.8 with this kit on cold condition ... not heard from X but seen with my eyes ! The clutch is beyond is limit tho...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not to wonder off the subject .................... BUT ................... Does it really take 430 AWHP to throw down an 11.8 second 1/4 ? Just wondering ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STIroide said:
Its more 430 crank hp than AWHP...

That seems much more likely. Yet their dyno graph/chart - shows that the car is making it at the wheels. But we all know how that goes.

For a car to make 430 hp at the crank, it would need how much at the wheels (whp)? 370whp? Thats just a wild quess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
STIroide said:
I have seen 11.8 with this kit on cold condition ... not heard from X but seen with my eyes ! The clutch is beyond is limit tho...
You sir must have been looking at the wrong lane or you were lied to about the mods. No STi, unless stripped naked and on C16 and or NOS, will ever run 11.8 on TBE, intake, and chip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ehh, I think you are wrong....If people are running 12.9's stock and anywhere from 12.5-12.8 on a turboback. I think you can add a fuel pump, injectors, ecu and get damn close to 11.8. Yeah, I know you never said fuel pump/injectors, but lose the intake, and get those instead. That kit the first post mentioned was 3600, I have no idea what it consists of but im sure it's more then TBE/ECU/intake for that amounof money. The WRX can go from 14.2 to 13.2 for a few grand. The STI can go from 12.9-13.5 stock...and a few grand is going to go along way with these too. Also yeah, C16 might be in the mix but SO WHAT, thats why you can buy it at the track!! You think the fastest imports are running on pump?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
STIroide said:
Believe me or not, I dont care ;) Stock STi run 12.88 that same day...
I'm just curious about the kit. Several guys are running 12.6s with exhaust, intake, boost controllers.

So its not much of a stretch to run 11.8 - 12.2 with the addition of a header, ecu mod, more boost, and maybe some fuel system mods.

I would be nice if someone with the kit would speak up and discuss the setup.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do you guys think that I can put down an 11 second run with these mods properly tuned ? I ran a 12.67 with just a turbo back exhaust intake and boost controller . I have all of these parts on my car but I am waiting to take out the injectors so I can send them out to be made into 720's .Then I am going to have the car tuned . And then I am waiting for spring time to hit so I can run it at the track . I am hoping for close to 350 @ the wheels but anything close to that and I will be happy . So what do you think..........will it run @ least an 11.99 if I can throw down a 1.7 60' ?

Blitz sus intake
Perrin inlet pipe
VF-22 ported and polished
Perrin oil catch can
Perrin Crank pulley
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler
GT Spec Header
GT Spec uppipe
Invidia Downpipe
Invidia catback
Perrin 720cc Injectors
Turbo XS Fuel cut defencer
Greddy E-01
Greddy E-Manage

·
Registered
6 Posts
SGOSWRX said:
I was surfing the net and found a thread over at Iclub.com about the Isrperformance kit for the STi. They claim 430hp from the kit costing $3595.00

An STi owner with this kit claims he is running 12.0 - 12.2 in the 1/4 mile.
the sti down fall is the week ass turbo, i think you want see that many stis in the 11's on a stock turbo. i run 12.1 to 12.2 @113 to 114 with $1100 in mods. stock i.c and piping and no real tune... and with the nx kit i run mid 11s around 118 to 120. with the nx kit and the clutch i have about 2 grand in the car... i would hope the sti can run low 12s to high 11s for way less then $3600... B

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: STi, running low 12s?

spooledevo said:
the sti down fall is the week ass turbo, i think you want see that many stis in the 11's on a stock turbo. i run 12.1 to 12.2 @113 to 114 with $1100 in mods. stock i.c and piping and no real tune... and with the nx kit i run mid 11s around 118 to 120. with the nx kit and the clutch i have about 2 grand in the car... i would hope the sti can run low 12s to high 11s for way less then $3600... B

First off the kit we are talking about that pulled 11.8 is using the stock turbo. In the near future it will become pretty common for STis to run 11s on the stock turbo. Just give it a little time. We are still waiting for some decent engine management.

Second point - its a staged kit by a tuner. They can be expensive. It includes a piggy back ECU, intake, full exhaust with header, etc - those mods are expensive. Plus its very new and one of the first kits available for the STi.

Third point,

Vishnu performance - a very respected tuner for the EVO and the WRX.
His staged kit for the EVO that is suppose to run 12.4-12.7 in the 1/4 mile, costs $2450.00
Why don't you rag on how much it cost the EVO to run the same times us STi guys are running with intake, exhaust, boost controllers?

So as you can see staged kits from tuners can be expensive.

Also while your trolling around in here why don't you check out the thread where the STi beats the EVO. Both cars have similar mods. The STi also blows the EVO away as far as torque with similar mods? How about them apples?

·
Registered
6 Posts
that video did not show you anything accept that the sti getting the jump on the evo and that's about all you can say about that race. that was a drivers race more than anything else. in that video the sti did not pull on the evo after they launched... also the sti should have more torque with simler mods it has a half a liter more displacement than the evo. subaru should have stuck with its roots and used there 2.0 motor, at least it is a proven motor.

·
Registered
313 Posts
spooledevo, Just wondering how many times your EVO has been in the shop for tranny problems ? Mitsubishi should have smartened up and took a little time to build a decent tranny that can hold up to its 2.0 superdupermega power plant ! You would think that they would get it right after soooooo many years of problems !

P.S. We dont take kindly to trollers round here boy so get yo azz out !

·
Registered
6 Posts
dizastical said:
spooledevo, Just wondering how many times your EVO has been in the shop for tranny problems ? Mitsubishi should have smartened up and took a little time to build a decent tranny that can hold up to its 2.0 superdupermega power plant ! You would think that they would get it right after soooooo many years of problems !

P.S. We dont take kindly to trollers round here boy so get yo azz out !
why dont you get your facts straight buddy. it is the transfer case people are have issues with not there tranny. we all know wrxs have bulletproof trannys and never have promblems when you double the power out put from the factory. parts inside a stock tranny can only hold up so long just like motor internals. you will have to put stronger parts in it one day. B

·
Registered
80 Posts
spooledevo said:
why dont you get your facts straight buddy. it is the transfer case people are have issues with not there tranny. [size=+2]we all know wrxs have bulletproof trannys [/size]and never have promblems when you double the power out put from the factory. parts inside a stock tranny can only hold up so long just like motor internals. you will have to put stronger parts in it one day. B
This is an STi forum and an STi thread.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts