ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Nos! Another STi Pink thread!? :p

Went to the dealer today and picked up the little SPT performance booklet with the aftermarket parts. I saw they have the STi Pinks. Asked the parts guy about them and he didn't know anything (figures). Are the ones the dealer is selling the actual STi Pinks that are better than just "PINK" sti springs? IE..are these the higher spring rate and lower dropped springs?

Also...parts guy was pretty cool and said they were around 300 but he could get me them for 220 bucks. Sound like a good price?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
The pink springs carried by SPT are WRX sedan and wagon specific. Good upgrade over oem- @ 223/192 w/ ~ 15mm of lowering.

The other pink springs are the "old" v7 ones 200/185 and the ones designed for the STi 252/217 w ~ 20mm drop on the STi (which is already 10mm lower than the WRX). Neither of these are carried by SPT.

If you have an STi the SPT/STi pink ones aren't going to be much differrent than you already have, if you have a WRX they could be just what your looking for.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Sky WRX said:
The pink springs carried by SPT are WRX sedan and wagon specific. Good upgrade over oem- @ 223/192 w/ ~ 15mm of lowering.

The other pink springs are the "old" v7 ones 200/185 and the ones designed for the STi 252/217 w ~ 20mm drop on the STi (which is already 10mm lower than the WRX). Neither of these are carried by SPT.

If you have an STi the SPT/STi pink ones aren't going to be much differrent than you already have, if you have a WRX they could be just what your looking for.

Big Sky
Well I have an STi so I guess it looks like I'll be going for the v7 Sti pinks. Thanks for the info!

Do you guys know if the v7 STi pinks fit on 05? IIRC 04 STi springs work on 05s...

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
scooby24 said:
Well I have an STi so I guess it looks like I'll be going for the v7 Sti pinks. Thanks for the info!

Do you guys know if the v7 STi pinks fit on 05? IIRC 04 STi springs work on 05s...
I'm sorry I didn't make that clear - you want the STi v8 pink ones, the v7 are for the older Imprezas (02/03's). Neither of these are carried by SPT, but can be found at other vendors.

The v8 STi springs (ones that are 252/217) will fit on the 05 STi.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Sky WRX said:
I'm sorry I didn't make that clear - you want the STi v8 pink ones, the v7 are for the older Imprezas (02/03's). Neither of these are carried by SPT, but can be found at other vendors.

The v8 STi springs (ones that are 252/217) will fit on the 05 STi.

Big Sky

beautiful. Thank you sir! I am in debted to you! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts