ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know what people that have them think of them?

I have a friend that does suspension professionally and says that if I use my stock struts they will blow in 3-6 months...true or not?

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, how is the ride quality with them?

what kind of struts are you using?

when i get them i want to go the el cheapo way so...i think i want to keep the stock ones, question is how long will they last?

·
Registered
888 Posts
What STi pink springs are you looking at getting? If they're the v8 pink springs (with 250+ spring rates in front) for 04+ cars the ride is probably going suck and your struts will not handle them for that long.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Not a matter of how long the last as driggity pointed out, the damping won't be in "sync" w/ the higher rate springs = no good.

The "pinks" were designed around the STi strut damping, you should be using those or an equivalant.

Big Sky

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, dealer says that the springs are 290, if i were to get Kayaba struts to go with them, how much would they be?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
You can buy complete takeoffs for ~ $500-600. These are complete assemblies- tops/perches/rubber mounts etc. You can always sell the springs that come w/ them- folks will buy them. Every once in awhile you'll see the struts by temselves, but not often.

I think gruppe-s just got some in, alos check private for sales here, nasioc, i-club and check e bay as well.

Big Sky

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
driggity said:
Which springs and which Kayaba struts?
sti pink's (not aware there's more than one model). the pair that the dealer had just had STi written on it in white, no version info etc...only other info was the price = $290

kayaba AGX

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lets hear some more reviews of em!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have Sti-Ra struts and 02-03 pink springs and I love them. The ride is much stiffer, so in ohio with all the holes in the road it can sometimes be VERY bumpy. Besides that it is night and day difference between those and the stock setup.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Where did you pick up STI RA struts? I would love the RA Spec C setup, but don't know where I can get that. Also what is the difference between The RA setup and the RA SPEC C setup? I am unclear about that, but know that one is from japan and much stiffer than USDM due to the springs.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Not much difference at all in the v7 RA vs v8 spec C, struts are near identical, spring rates are very close- biggest difference is the v8 has revised rear tops (better designed) and lower ~ 10mm. The USDM struts/springs are almost a duplicate of the spec C setup- same struts, same lowering, almost identical spring rates- I'd choose whatever you can find cheaper. Prices seem to be pretty comparable between the two.

There are two new "pink" springs on the market, made for the v8 WRX (04+), the lower ~ 15mm and have rates ~ 223/195- they also come sedan/wagon specific (the rear springs differ-fronts are the same). These would mate well w/ the STi struts as well.

Big Sky

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanx big sky. I have been kicking around either Prodrive springs and KYB AGX for my 03 sedan, or the STI ra stuff. I'm a daily driver and a track/autox guy maybe 6 times a year. Coils are too much money and trade off. I know you have researched the STi stuff alot so I apprecaite the imput you gave.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Maybe a 1/2". Not much, it let my 17's fill out the wheel well a little better. I had the same concern in lower the car. My driveway is a b*tch.

You will not be disappointed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts