ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, edits, I found correct terminology, hooray:

I purchased a used WRX with an sti wing. The original owner also installed wing stabilizers, which I thought were tacky, so, I removed them today.

In doing so, I noticed the pedestal mount (that prop the wing up) to have more flexibility than what I would consider normal and I uninstalled those as well.

As you can see the pedestal mount is damaged, and I believe it was due to the wrong screw being used...

herein lies my questions, I've tried calling a few Subaru's but one parts guy refused to give me the bolt size, (said I would have to bring the car in) whereas the other refused to discuss the issue further based on the fact I owned a wrx and not an sti, ok, his reasoning was that part doesn't fit that car so ... - I really don't have time to fight with these people, its raining and I have four holes in my trunk so I rather either patch, replace or find a reasonable solution that adjudicates this issue.

What is the correct bolt size? I found m10 through google, just trying to confirm this, next option is pulling the bolt off and bringing it to Lowes.

Subaru only sells the wing as an entire kit, not painted, as far as I can tell, no online retailers sell the pedestal mounts separately and it appears I'll have to buy the entire kit.

I'm in the midst of contacting local junkyards in order to try to locate the mounts.

thanks again, Im going to look through he wing / trunk swap thread as well for additional info.

·
Super Modulator
19,549 Posts
How does the trunk look? Could it be swapped for someone who wants to go wingless?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Potentially yes, it could, but there's the four holes to consider, what would the suggested patching be? I wasn't sure if someone would consider that due to they could just dismount their wing and patch their own holes, but its something I'd be willing to swap/pay to patch for and will post there anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts