ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to buy a STi off of someone and want you guys to tell me if it is a good legitimate deal or not. Car has been dynoed 3 times. He wants 30k for the car. It has access port. Has gold BBS rims.

2008 STi 5 door. Cold weather package, Navi inside

282 HP 326 TQ
Invidia Catted DP, Cobb Catback, Tuned

370 HP 371 TQ
Added Blouch 2.5XTR, TXS FMIC, DW750cc, KSTech 73mm Intake

383 HP 398 TQ
Added GTSpec EL Header, EWG, Tuned

I do not have a subaru right now I have a civic. Not sure wat a 2.5XTR, TXS FMIC, DW750cc is.

What do you guys think? Since its a 08 I heard sometimes they tend to blow up and it would be 30k on a car with no warranty.

The only attraction to this car is that it has more power than if i bought a stock STi because I wouldn't put that much extra money into the car. There are no other suspension mods. He just payed a lot of labor to do all the modifications. Used ones are like 26-30 now for 08 like this.

Any comments welcome

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
30k for a used 08 with that many mods? I'm not an STi owner, but you can get a new STi for like 4k more. Personally if it were my choice I'd pass with no regrets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so im assuming the performance aspects are not outweighing the costs... Also reliability is the main concern price being 2nd

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I'd be worried about reliability on anything that wasn't stock.

You have to think about it like this. The person who spent the money to mod the car did it for a reason. So it could be driven, and probably driven pretty hard. No one does mods like that and then drives around like a granny lol.

Now on a nice low mileage stock STi reliability isn't that big of a concern in my eyes.

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
30k for a used 08 with that many mods? I'm not an STi owner, but you can get a new STi for like 4k more. Personally if it were my choice I'd pass with no regrets.
I hadn't looked it up lately, but that sounded about right. Plus unless you're buying outright, the APR would be better off a brand new car.

Did not realize all the work put into this car will not make it any more valuable/good deal
It's the sad truth. Just depends on the risk you want to take when you buy the car, if you pay for ones with mods, or not.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,475 Posts
You're talking about paying almost as much as a new STi for used models. Prefer authentic Subaru parts, full service histories, effective warranties, and conservative owners. Or just buy new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok looks like i will be looking elsewhere. thought it was gonna be worth it cuz of all the parts. Might just get a stock STi.

08 vs 09? any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,475 Posts
The newer the better. The more paperwork the better. The less enthusiast owners the better.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
This seems high for a 4 year old sti even with mods

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
new mission... sti sedan

when is the next scheduled STi redesign?
nobody knows...Subaru usually keeps future endeavors very quiet until it's close to release time.

Nothing wrong with looking for used...but look for something that had one owner and is stock. Best bet for reliability.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts