ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are brand new and have just hit the shores. They're a "pink" lowering spring designed for both the 04+ WRX/RS and WRX wagon/TBS. Lowering is modest ~ 15-20mm depending on make/model. The spring rates appear to be very "reasonable" as they are designed for the oem struts. Don't have exact figures, but it appears around 180ish/160ish- rates that are relatively close to both the Eibach's and Prodrives.

Ofcourse they are the "new" design so your oem top hats will fit.

For someone wanting a little more performance out of their suspension- they might be the ticket.

EDIT! These are in fact stiffer than originally thought-223/194 (39N/34N) this is per SOA. These may not be the best choice on oem struts, time will tell.

Big Sky

·
Registered
863 Posts
As a promotion I think they are going for $230 plus shipping.

From what I understand, these prices WILL go up, so if you want them jump now.

·
Registered
863 Posts

15-22mm drop, 40-45% increase in stiffness.

·
Registered
863 Posts

15-22mm drop, 40-45% increase in stiffness.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pinks v. Prodrive?

Anyone have these pink springs installed yet?
I know that the prodrive springs are finally available for the 04's as well. What do you guys think would be better for performance?

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
If the rates are 40-45% stiffer wouldn't that make them around 230lb./in. front and 200lb./in. in the rear? That sounds just like Tein H-techs and not very OEM shock friendly. :confused:

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dome- the rare triple post!:D

Their "40%" increase is in the rear- sedan rear 119 + 40% = 167 ft lbs, the fronts will be significantly less (15-20%).

I think these springs will be very comparable to the Prodrive ones w/ one exception- the STi ones will have a wagon specific set- fronts will be the same as the sedan, but the rears will actually "fit" the wagon.

The rates are reasonable and should work fine w/ the oem struts- should also work pretty good w/ aftermarket offerings (Koni/KYB). They should work OK w/ the STi struts too. I was hoping for something w/ a little more stiffness to work w/ the STi struts, but the market is going to be much more geared to rates like this.

I know of only two shops that currently have these- east- Mike @ subaruxtras, west- [email protected] allsubaru. Jamie is running a special at $230 a pop, pretty good price IMO.

Big Sky

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
So do you think the wagon specific ones will be even stiffer in the rear or just shorter for a more appropriate ride height? $230 seems like a decent deal for these...about the same as Eibachs...

Which one should I get?!?! :confused: :wiggles:

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Integra96 said:
So do you think the wagon specific ones will be even stiffer in the rear or just shorter for a more appropriate ride height? $230 seems like a decent deal for these...about the same as Eibachs...

Which one should I get?!?! :confused: :wiggles:
Th wagon specific ones should have slightly firmer rates in the rear, the springs will actually be longer. Wagon owners are reporting as advertised drops in the front for non specific springs, but more than advertised drop in the rear. Some are worse than others, the v7 "pink" springs (non-specific) lower 20mm in the front and over 40mm in the rear- advertised is 20mm- which eviently the sedan gets.

I'd go STi myself- your going to get a well made pice that has a lot of R&D behind it.

Big Sky

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE

Just found out today that these aren't 180/160ish, they are in fact 39N/34N/m which equates to 223/194:D

This means they might be a little stiff for the oem struts, but if one had STi struts on the other hand:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like you're acquiring (and sharing) wagon knowledge with all of the intensity that you used to lavish on the sedan.
I love the picture of your new ride "in action".

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rudy said:
Looks like you're acquiring (and sharing) wagon knowledge with all of the intensity that you used to lavish on the sedan.
I love the picture of your new ride "in action".
Thanks- a new canvas is always fun to work w/:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts