ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya

i am in the process of buying a STi muffler.

i was looking at this one
STI OEM Muffler
http://www.ravspec.com/pdetails.asp?itemID=2116
$399.00 USD
i have emailed RavSpec about the price for this muffler and whats the diferent to the one below found in subaruwrxparts.com, they said it was the same.. but i am not sure if i should trust them..

then i was browsing thru this
http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/04wrx-drivetrain.html
STi Performance Muffler (WRX and WRX-STi)

$805.00 USD

the price for this at subaruwrxparts.com is clearly alot more then from RavSpec so can someone tell me why is this ?? is it because the STi OEM one is diferent from the STi Performance muffler??

could someone tell me abit more about this before i got ahead with the purchase. maybe someone could email RavSpec for me too and ask aswell..

thanks heaps

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Subaru sells 2 mufflers, the STi one for $895 PN D0510FE000DS and the performance one (SPT) PN SOA8377800 for $449. I believe the performance one is made by Bosal and is 3" cat back, but I am not certain. It was in their performance parts brochure. I think you can download that at subaru's webpage.

They STi muffler they sell for the WRX is different than the STi muffler that comes on the STi. The one they sell for the WRX has a large rolled tip...

·
Registered
476 Posts
DTR maxima said:
the spt catback is pretty nice, a keep quite, but $895 is rediculous for the other one...

your money could be much better spend elsewhere
Agreed. when I got the $895 one, that was the only muffler that would not void my factory warranty, so I went with it. I now have a Prodrive on my car and have thought about selling the STi one, but I don't think I could get much for it. The $895 STi one sounds really good, I must say.

·
Registered
622 Posts
jvic said:
The $895 STi one sounds really good, I must say.
For $895, sounding really good isn't good enuf. For $895 it would have to sing me a song while i drive down the street.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts