Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I have a '07 STI which had major engine problem a few weeks ago. I'm in the process of rebuilding it.

I already purchased CP pistons (Stock CR and bore), Eagle H Beam Rods, Cosworth Bearings, a Walbro fuel Pump and an ACT Street clutch. I have to buy a nuw turbocharger (yes, it was that bad) and I'm thinking about a Blouch 18G-XT. I already have a Perrin 3¨Turbocback exhaust and an Accessport V2.

As I understand I'll need bigger injectors, and a friend advised me on getting top feed ones, although I rather stay with side feeds in order to be closer to stock configuration (!). My question is, how big I need them to be? they recommended me 550cc, but everything I read have 650cc upwards. I don't want to have driveability problems since it is my daily driver, even if I don't drive a lot during the week, but I want to buy big enough to achieve my combination's potential.

Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, Fuel consumption is no trouble at all since I live in Venezuela and here 95 octane gas is cheaper than mineral water :tongue:.

Best regards,

Guillermo Sanchez

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Both size injectors you mentioned would be too small for the 18G-XT turbo; they may work, but you'd most likely run out of injector and leave power and safety margin on the table.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you go to deatschwerks website they have a calculator on their website that will tell you exactly how much fuel you need. I would say 850cc should be more than enough for your purpose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again and thanks for the useful suggestions.

I finally called Blouch Turbos and they recommended me 740 cc injectors, so I guess I will buy 750's.

Thanks Again!

Guillermo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Injectors

One more question guys,

Are the 07 STI injectors top feed or side feed?

I understand 06 and before are side feed, I just want the same type as it is installed in my car from factory.

Thanks for your help,

Guillermo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.