ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone out there wants to get rid of an intercooler. Looking for an oem sti or comparable part for my 03 bugeye. No ebay junk please.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
The USDM STI intercooler is not a direct fit. For bugeyes, you'll need the truly JDM one, aftermarket, or I think there were some silicon tubes that were specially made to adapt the US STI intercooler, but I can't remember the details.

·
Æternum
20,574 Posts
The USDM STI intercooler is not a direct fit. For bugeyes, you'll need the truly JDM one, aftermarket, or I think there were some silicon tubes that were specially made to adapt the US STI intercooler, but I can't remember the details.
It's not that difficult. You can use an STi y-pipe and trim a 2.75" ID silicone hose for the TB coupler.

The challenge is the splitter/shroud. The larger TMIC won't do a lick of good without airflow through the increased surface area. I'm still attempting to fabricate a splitter. To do it correctly, you'll need a JDM bugeye STi hoodscoop and splitter = $$

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was planning on the sti scoop, but haven't talked with anyone who did the swap yet. thanks for the insight. I'm going to install a vf34 so figured getting some more cooling would be smart. I live in the deep south so heat sink is an issue as well. I'd love to hear ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts