ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
yea, the intercooler is fine. obviously the stisrun that setup factory. i also ran my 1820 on the stock top mount for 6 months maybe. as long as its tuned within its limits itll be fine.
if that is even what your asking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
GTScoob said:
I would just spend some money on a larger top mount such as an APS or TurboXS model
i agree. if your asking if the sti TMIC is worth it then i would def. say go with a larger top mount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
yea but he is asking if it would be okay to run it with the vf34, after all i'm sure there is still some learning ability on the ECU's part. my question is, can you run a frontmount....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,357 Posts
cobb stage 2.5 is tuned to run with the stock TMIC without causing problems. add a fuel pump,a bigger TMIC, and some different tuning, and you have the much anticipated Cobb stage 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
salem said:
iirc.....According to the Cobb site, they recommend the stock intercooler w/ the vf34.
they recommend it why? because their maps are designed with the stock ic? I don't call that a recommendation. I call that a lack of having their tuning software availible sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Snowvert said:
they recommend it why? because their maps are designed with the stock ic? I don't call that a recommendation. I call that a lack of having their tuning software availible sooner.
That- I don't know... I happened to have been at the cobb site browsing through the different maps just before seeing this thread. I'm certainly no technical expert- can't help ya' with an explaination.
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
dark_rex said:
cobb also leaves the uppipe in until after stage 2...

:baaa:
Actually, their Stage 2 will run fine with or without an aftermarket uppipe.
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
Snowvert said:
they recommend it why? because their maps are designed with the stock ic? I don't call that a recommendation. I call that a lack of having their tuning software availible sooner.

Cobb Hater! Cobb Hater!!
I'm on to you, Snowvert! :mad:




Kidding...:)
(Cobb, please release your tuning software really soon... :( )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Snowvert said:
they recommend it why? because their maps are designed with the stock ic?
With any off the shelf map I would you think its best to stick to what they have parts wise on the car?

Snowvert said:
I don't call that a recommendation. I call that a lack of having their tuning software available sooner.
As soon as they get done counting their millions from Accessport sales they'll jump on the tuner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
skyjock41 said:
With any off the shelf map I would you think its best to stick to what they have parts wise on the car?



As soon as they get done counting their millions from Accessport sales they'll jump on the tuner.
1)yes, I would agree with that. however, had they had their tuner software availible sooner, people could have the parts they wanted on their cars without having to worry about off the shelf maps and using a stock ic if they feel a ic upgrade is in order.

compare an off the shelf map of a utec to the same stage map, but tuned. apples and oranges.

2)no offense to you, but that is an excuse on their part. the accessport is a success, they need to get the tunig software out. I won't even go as far as saying everyone who owns an accessport should have the tuner software now, but professional tuners should. do they? i've heard from reliable tuners across the nation, that they in fact do not have the software availible to them yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Cobb Hater! Cobb Hater!!
I'm on to you, Snowvert! :mad:




Kidding...:)
(Cobb, please release your tuning software really soon... :( )
haha. I actually like the accessport, I like other systems better however, mainly because off the shelf maps based on parts they think you should use, or rather limiting yourself on parts due to their base maps is getting old. tuner software please, and I don't even run the accessport and i'm ready to see it.

rode in a stage2 sti this past weekend, was extremely fun. good power band and all, however i'll bet another 15/15 would be there if tuning was an option.
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
Snowvert said:
haha. I actually like the accessport, I like other systems better however, mainly because off the shelf maps based on parts they think you should use, or rather limiting yourself on parts due to their base maps is getting old. tuner software please, and I don't even run the accessport and i'm ready to see it.

rode in a stage2 sti this past weekend, was extremely fun. good power band and all, however i'll bet another 15/15 would be there if tuning was an option.
We're on the same page...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top