ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I had previously emailed SOA about a college graduate discount on the car, and sent one back after I finally got mine and asked about the STi. Here was their reply:

---------------------
Dear Mr. Luikart,

Thanks for writing to let me know you received your WRX, and that you are loving it!!

Subaru is only considering the feasibility of an STi version of the WRX for future model years. We do not have any definite plans at this time. If an STi version of the WRX becomes available in the United States, it would probably not be for a couple of model years. Since we have only introduced the WRX to U.S. consumers a little more than a year ago, it is too early to confirm the likelihood of offering an STi version in the U.S.

Even though magazine articles have stated that the STi version is coming to the U.S., the decision to bring the STi here has not been officially established yet. The magazines were a little premature with their 'announcement.' It was based on our statement at a press event that if the WRX is well received by the U.S. buying public, we would look at possibly marketing a U.S. version of the STi.

We appreciate that you took the time to contact us. I will forward your suggestion to offer an STi version of the WRX in the U.S. to our Product Planning Department for their review and consideration. In the meantime, keep your eye on the 'News' and 'Press Release' sections of our Web site for the latest updates!

Take care and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Best wishes,
Sandi Parente-Geiges
Internet Customer Service
Subaru of America, Inc.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
This is still GREAT INFO and even better it's "straight from the horse's mouth." I theorize that they will bring over the 2003 WRX STi, but in very limited numbers at ~$32,000. Considering the success of the WRX we all know and love, this would be VERY SMART.

I'm actually starting to consider the INSANE idea of having a friend ship me a 2002 STi from Germany. It will be the biggest car-related undertaking of my life and would probably set me back about $40,000, but I'd one of the first, if not THE first person in NA with an STi. If I could pull it off, would it be worth trouble?

-Jim

thechickencow said:
My bad. I thought I was on the "inside". Oh well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Theres been so many resurected threads lately, I went digging for the oldest one I could. enjoy.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Wow! This is GREAT!! Could you imagine how cool it would be if they release the STi here?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
DTR rex said:
Oh man! If they do, I am buying one right away, HELL I will buy 2!!!

I doubt it will ever happen though... keep dreaming guys :sadwave:
I heard that they're asking Hyundai to redesign the front end. Freshen the look.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
cyrilgrey said:
Wow! This is GREAT!! Could you imagine how cool it would be if they release the STi here?
keep dreaming. the US is the land of musclecars. there's absolutely no market for a "four door sports car" that's not even RWD :rotfl: and what's with those headlights anyway? way to rip off the Neon design.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
wrx wagone said:
I also heard that the '06 redesign is going to look like ass! Hey, maybe we could call it teh butteyes!
I went to a fortune teller and she told me that in the year 2005 the team-lead designer from Alpha Romeo would move his career over to Subaru and make the 2006 wrx/sti with butt ugly front ends. Then again, I was never a believe in people who claim to be able to tell the future. She was probably just some crack pot old women with no sense.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts