Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boosted4 said:
Damn.... thats a fast Sti. 128 traps are good for well into the 10's though arent they? Either way 11.2 is the fastest sti ive yet to see run. Good vid.

-Griffin
[/QUOTE

Definately good for 10s. What even more impressive is the car is a daily driver still running the stock clutch, stock internals, full interior, etc. This time was also achieved without NOS.

·
6,298 Posts
Man that is just plain incredible!! What I found amazing was:
1. Chirping the tires in 2nd AND 3rd:eek: :eek: :eek:
2. It looks like he short shifted in 5th gear at just over the 1/8th mile (hard to tell I know) as his time in 5th gear was just about equal to his time spent in 1 through 4. Looks like he was going for higher trap speed maybe?

I'm heading over there to find out his mods.

WOW!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yo

That's fast ... that's also definitely 0-60 <4 secs. I think it was the low 3s according the video time. I wonder what was done to it? ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Yo

chuglobal said:
That's fast ... that's also definitely 0-60 <4 secs. I think it was the low 3s according the video time. I wonder what was done to it? ;)

Here's a mod list I picked up from one of his posts

PE 850 cc
Garret GT Turbo
Greddy eo1
Utec
Exhaust
CAI
External Wastegate
Fuel pump
FMIC

Stock block, stock heads, stock clutch

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I'm sure it's slow from a roll, though. AWD drivetrain loss sucks and 4th gear is like hitting a wall. Weak-ass top end, IMO.

:confused1

·
6,298 Posts
Integra96 said:
I'm sure it's slow from a roll, though. AWD drivetrain loss sucks and 4th gear is like hitting a wall. Weak-ass top end, IMO.:confused1

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Good one. I'm sure an Integra could take it from a roll.....:bs:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Integra96 said:
I'm sure it's slow from a roll, though. AWD drivetrain loss sucks and 4th gear is like hitting a wall. Weak-ass top end, IMO.

Slow from a roll? With a nice gear ratio on that transmission? That thing probably rips anywhere from the middle up on its powerband. I would be scared from a roll with anything i brought to the table. Think about what you are saying son.

:confused1

·
Registered
108 Posts
Am I the only person to notice this??

128mph trap with only 504whp and 3200lbs to lug???

I'm sorry..but unless you've got a TON of torque behind that hp number (ie big block V8 with a drag trans) it's not going to trap like that.

Futhermore...for the size of turbo that's needed to achieve those hp levels on a supposedly stock motor it won't exactly have a linear powerband and a peak 504whp won't represent the powerband very well.

Finally...504whp and a stock clutch....riiiight.

This car has way more work than the owner is letting on to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
NORCAL STI said:
lol WOULD BE A Z owner that would want more info
Would be an STi owner that blindly believes anything he reads about another STi. :rolleyes: '

If a Z ran that E.T. and trap any only claimed a basic turbo kit, 500whp and a stock motor and drivetrain...you'd be calling BS too.

Nice try though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts