Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little over a year ago as most of you who know me know, I purchased my first STi. A 2012 limited sedan. Since purchase I have done many aesthetic mods and also a turbo back exhaust with a OTS stage 2 map from the cobb AP. Now I am in the process of buying parts and getting a protune in the near future.

I have researched and know about the fuel stumble with the 08+ STi's at 2800rpms. And know that to correct this I need an FPR. I already have purchased the cobb FPR, and the cobb FPR sensor as they are both required by my tuner. I will also be adding the AEM cai, GS ebcs, and maybe the ETS tmic.

My question is, are injectors and a fuel pump absolutely needed for this modification level? I spoke to IAG today and asked them and they said that they are not really needed, but it isn't a bad idea to do. However, not doing them will not restrict my STi on making power without them at this point. I have already priced out the ID1050x injectors and the aem 320lph pump for this build, but if I can save some money and invest that money into some gauges or something else I will.

Just want your guys thoughts, thanks.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
You'd do a lot better to forget the TMIC right now and get the injectors and pump. I personally went with the DW300C Pump. Your stock TMIC is good to 400WHP easily, and it's easy to swap later.

Not sure what you mean by the cobb FPR Sensor, unless you're talking about the one that comes with the Flex Fuel Kit. I got the cobb FPR when I was just stage 2, and didn't have any sort of pressure sensor accompanying it.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
You're fuel-limited with the OE airbox, adding the intake is going to make that issue worse.

If you want to save money, ditch the intake and EBCS and go with just the pump/injectors. There's a BCS from GM that you can use that will significantly reduce cost, as well, as it's like $30 (vs ~$100 on GS).

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So after talking to IAG and few people here that know what they are talking about I decided to go ahead and tackle the fueling issues now and not have to worry about it for a long time. Current fueling upgrades that will be going on the STi before the tune:

-ID1050x injectors
-PnP adaptors for the injectors
-AEM 320lph pump
-Cobb FPR
-Cobb fuel pressure sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts