Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this piece for a long time, finally installed today. Install is PITA, have to take the rear bumper cover 3/4 of the way off.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Try the pic one more time. I was getting a little soot, more noticable w/ white I'm guessing.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
looks nice...! good job.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Just seeing that speaks of badassness :D

I'd get one but it probably won't work with my upcoming plans...the bottom of my bumper is pretty damn burnt.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
does this burning occur if the exhaust tip does not stick out far enough past the bumper? Or is it simlpy because your car performs at that much higher of a level that it potentially shoots flames and large amounts of hot carbon out the back?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
tacomaboy138 said:
does this burning occur if the exhaust tip does not stick out far enough past the bumper? Or is it simlpy because your car performs at that much higher of a level that it potentially shoots flames and large amounts of hot carbon out the back?
I think it's if your exhaust sits too far back. My friend Fook modded his Blitz catback so that it sticks out past the bumper and he doesn't have burning problems anymore.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
i figured as much...thanks for the confirmation of my thoughts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
that looks hardcore man. if you were ever going for sleeper, it just went down the toilet

·
Registered
4 Posts
man that looks really cool... i... must... get one....
it would look even sweeter on my black wrx!

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
I get some black stuff on my rear bumber, but "simple green" takes it right off. and its not burning at all. I dont really like the look of it, but to each their own

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RexMobbin' said:
that looks hardcore man. if you were ever going for sleeper, it just went down the toilet
I think I may be too late for sleeper

·
Registered
635 Posts
haha, i stand corrected

·
Registered
691 Posts
ebr0t said:
big sky... those are RS wheels arent they...
id hope they're volks, since he has a volk sticker on his car

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Shibby said:
id hope they're volks, since he has a volk sticker on his car
He uses Volks when he's racing...he was even selling his old ones since he's getting wider wheels to go along with the new SCCA rules that'll let him run wider tires.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Verdugo said:
I'd get one but it probably won't work with my upcoming plans...the bottom of my bumper is pretty damn burnt.
Do these upcoming plans include a bodykit? I've been wanting a kit for so long, but I keep wanting to go faster :D I think I'm gonna settle for a replica STi V1 front lip, and maybe an OEM rear lip. This will keep me with more dough for my engine.

I've hijacked enough space on this thread. Sorry big Sky :D Love the bumper finisher!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
WRXin' said:
Do these upcoming plans include a bodykit? I've been wanting a kit for so long, but I keep wanting to go faster :D I think I'm gonna settle for a replica STi V1 front lip, and maybe an OEM rear lip. This will keep me with more dough for my engine.
Maybe...maybe not...who knows? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts