Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am considering the STi CF wing seriously. I might be willing to drop the $, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of the wing in general? I dont want to pay 1200-1500 to look like a ricer. lol I normally hate this style of wing, but this one seems cooler than most. I've been staring at pics of wings for weeks and I cant make up my mind. I really dont like many of them at all... any input would be appreciated, this sucker is alot of cash!

PS - I have the STi V2 lip coming in this week, so I was thinking the wing might be a nice compliment to that. :D

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Personally, I love it. It's not too high at all, which is good...and it's REAL carbon fiber, which is why it costs so much. It's truly sweet. Of course, the cost is the problem...I personally would rather spend $1500 on performance mods (that's almost the full Stoptech big brake kit right there, or nice Tein coilovers, or a new turbo), but that wing is as good as you're going to get :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I like it. If you have the $$$ then GO FOR IT. IMO you wouldn't look like a ricer. That wing is made by Subaru for a Subaru. If you were to get a 10 ft. tall aluminum wing, then it would be a different story.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I LOVE the STI wing. It's not big and gaudy or looks out of place. If I could, I would buy one too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, thanks for talking me out if it ya bastages! :D I dunno, I HATE GT style wings usually, but there is something about that STi one... I think I might buy it, Gruppe-S said they could do $1300 and it would take a month to get it direct from Japan... hmmmmmm ;)

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
GO FOR IT! I've seen a few of them around and they look SO SEXY!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Trailboss-

Not that I doubt you, but where have you seen a couple with these wings? You've seen as in passing on the road, or you know some guys with them? If so... I wanted to see this wing in person before I set out on buying it...

We live in the same town, BTW =)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I really wish I could see and touch one of these wings before spending $1300 on it. I have heard nothing but good things, so I dont plan on being disappointed, but thats alot of cash for something sight-unseen! I'm still back and forth on this. I'm doing the Cobb Club Spec in a couple months, so I need to make sure I have cash for that as well. Christmas bonuses at work are coming this Friday though... :D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I would say go for it if you got the cash. That wing is so nice, but I will probably end up with a STI 7 wing or 22B wing (half the price). Its deffinetly one of the best looking wings I think for the WRX. Another one around that price is the real WRC wing, the one that hangs off that back some, I wish I could afford that one. Here's hoping for a big christmas bonus too :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is this the one that you're talking about?

If so, than yes it does look good, and also will go into stock holes on the boot lid.

Saw a WRX with a similar wing, but it didn't mount in the stock holes, so they had to drill new holes. And they've got 4 pieces of black tape covering the original holes. That does not look good at all!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats the one! :D I think I'm gonna buy it. I've got a local guy here in Salt Lake with a connection so I may be able to get it alot cheaper... I should be hearing back from him tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My buddy encountered a snag with his "hookup" so I just ordered the wing from Suby Dude a few minutes ago. :D My bonus check from work was friggin HUGE! I'm still shocked. :eek: Merry Christmas to me.. eheheh I will take some pics of the wing and my V2 lip when I have everything installed.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I say get it. That's the wing I want, but I'm financially challenged. I think RiceBoi knows someone that make replicas of this wing, and is selling it for $800. PM him if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts