SPT (red) Struts
SPT (217/193) Springs
STI Strut tops
STI Engine/Tranny mounts
Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45R17) on Rota Tarmacs
Stock 20mm front swaybar
Whiteline 22mm rear swaybar (set at 22)
Kartboy Droplinks for the rear

I recently did the work to press in the harder bushings for the Rear Lateral Links (front pair). It's just 4 bushings out of the 12 that are back there (when you count 2 trailing links and 4 lateral links with 2 bushings each), but it has made a nice difference already.

The change in feel isn't at all more harsh, but the impression I get is that the car, under hard cornering (like where you actually get a little oversteer), you feel the rear end take a set and then smoothly rotate with the throttle. Before I did these bushings, this feeling was more of a stuttering rotation around the corner. I think I really want to get the rest of the bushings to press in now.

GTGUY reported a while back on the old i-club that the STI Trailing/Lateral links added some harshness... I'm not feeling the increase in harshness, but perhaps with a full complement of the bushings I'd feel it more.

I've since learned that the Pink Links include metal pillowballs instead of rubber bushings, in addition to the improved pillow-ball swaybar mounts, so they are still a very big improvement over even the STI bushing kit. Additionally, gtguy has now informed me that the harshness he thought he felt was actually just some added firmness, which would confirm what I felt (no more NVH, but better rotation).

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanx for the review! I'm getting the SPT/STi suspension kit next week, and I was thinking about getting the STi lateral links and trailing links in the near future, but replacing the bushings only will save me a lot of money. I can't wait till I get my suspension done! :D

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
A note to members: The part numbers for the bushings referred to in this thread are listed in the Technical Reference thread at the top of this forum. Dick Nogs has generously reposted install instructions in the Tutorials section. Thanks!

Does anybody know a good source for misc. STi bits like this? The bushings with SOA part numbers are easy enough to find, but I'm not sure where to find the ones with only STi part numbers.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.