ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, a bit new to the forums.

traded my base rsx in a year ago for some luxury (lexus IS 250) and now am very bored again. miss the hatch I guess.

so I have been shopping here in houston and I have a few dealers offering voice for a base sti. i checked it out the other day, no test drive yet, and I was amazed by the look. i actually prefer the regular wheels then the bbs. so anyway, offering me 34008.

what do you guys think? hoping to join the club one of these days.

guess it all depends on what they can give me for my IS.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
thats a good price.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The New STI is ugly. I would not even think about buying one f those things. A STI should not even have the option opf Nav or any of that other stuff. Steering wheel controls are for luxury cars not rally cars.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
The New STI is ugly. I would not even think about buying one f those things. A STI should not even have the option opf Nav or any of that other stuff. Steering wheel controls are for luxury cars not rally cars.
Bah, this has been talked to death around here. Old news. I'd love to have an '08 STI with Nav, and I envy the steering wheel controls. Welcome to the 21st century. :tongue:

·
5,780 Posts
Bah, this has been talked to death around here. Old news. I'd love to have an '08 STI with Nav, and I envy the steering wheel controls. Welcome to the 21st century. :tongue:
+100

also the subaru STI is rally inspired not a "Rally Car"

·
5,780 Posts
If you get down to it, you could talk to people like my Dad (who had an Austin Healy 100(0?)). They insist that "real" sports (aka: rally) cars shouldn't have a radio, a/c, or roll-down windows. some of them include a heater in the exclusions.

But they're dinosaurs in their own time. It sounds like Super Rally Drivin' Man is on his way to join their club.
My father is the same way, all modern cars are Fat overweight pigs in his eyes

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
WRC cars have steering wheel controls, look closely. Anyway, I've used a mechanical dial Halda (remember those?), and been covered in dust from head to toe but I still just don't see the point in under-equipping a road car. Ever since I first bought a car with a nav system I find them almost indispensable -- if Subaru were to offer a car without one they'd be guilty of a laughable oversight.

Modern rallye cars have catalytic converters, climate control aids, sat links, and electronic instrumentation -- what they lack is any relationship to road cars sold anywhere under any pretenses. The Impreza is not a rallye car; it looks like one. Helps sales.

Equipment isn't the problem. The more equipment, the better actually.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've got an '08 WRX and love it. It may not be an STi but i think the FP Green makes up for it. If you get it, i don't think you will be disappointed.

DFW is where I am
i was thinking about making a trip down to DFW in the next month or so. I'm about 45 min north of Wichita Falls. Are there many '08s down there?

·
Registered
211 Posts
2 at Teape Subaru of Hurst that last time I was there (2 weeks ago). 1 blue and 1 red. They've been there for a few weeks already. I know the dealership only sold a TOTAL of 9 vehicles in Feb. Some may be willing to bargain. Call Tonya Viola @ 817-581-1620 and let her know Mark recommended her.

Someone had a web page that scraped all the data from all the dealers and sorted it by state. You can drill down to individual dealers and know how each STi is configured. I can't find my bookmark for it, though.
i'm not looking to buy one, i've had one for a while.
do you see any driving around? i have yet to see any '08s other than mine.
i went down to Austin for tuning last month and didn't see any there either.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
<waiting for Ray to make the trip to Knoxville for a new STI>

·
48,699 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I laugh every time I read someone write this....If you want a car that looks like a modern, WINNING rally car, then the old impreza body style IS NOT THAT.

Actual modern rally cars look alot more like the new STi than the old STi. I like the old car also but the truth is that it is not a winning rally car anymore. I also liked the early 80's F1 cars but they would loose big time in current F1. If you really want a rally imspired car then the hatch is the way to go. I will also add that Subaru gives thier rally associated car alot more performance than any of the other current teams in WRC...Try getting anything like the performance of an STi out of a stock Ford Focus, Suzuki or Citreon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
little update as i see the board going just nuts over my original reason to have posted my comments.

so we went to the dealership today and the guy wants to sell a base sti for 33000 flat. but my wife did not like what they were giving me for my lexus. so i do not want to have to put any negative equity on the car so I am 1k short as they were giving me 28k for my 2007 fully loaded IS 250 with 9k miles on it and i owe 30k. so she wants to wait, but we will wait and see how it goes.:mad:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
Go ahead and wait; I believe time is on your side. Although it is likely the price of your now used car will drop faster than the price for which they are willing to part with their new car, you definitely don't want to be trading in something that you're upside down in. The car you already have is great, and many people would kill for it, so enjoy in the meantime. I have a feeling the new car market is in for some difficult times so the deals will be out there in the future too.

·
5,780 Posts
I have a feeling the 09 STI will have some nice improvements.

·
48,699 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
do you really have your heart set on getting an STi?
fully loaded WRX's are 30k.

·
5,780 Posts
bought it last night. pictures will be coming today in new club member. I am soooooooooo happy.
Ballllin

Post some pictures. what color? what options?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts