ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine just picked up a 2001 bmw 540i. it's a super nice car and all, but she wants to race me. Anyone have any experience with these cars? I read they have like 286hp or something like that, but weigh close to 4000lbs. All I have done is Cobb stg1 with a drop in k&n filter. I'm guessssing i'll be able to pull on the bmw, seeing the difference in weight, and the fact that she's only had the car for a day now haha. And yes, she's a girl, and it's a 6speed. She's owned a few cool cars, among which was an 02 wrx.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
344 Posts
does she understand launching a RWD? If so it will be close, if not you'll have an early and final lead.

·
Registered
617 Posts
you can find one used for probably ~$150 in your area. Install is cake you can do it yourself. You'll be happy you did

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Put down your purse and race her!

that's the only way to know if you're faster.
IMO it's always better to race the person before they learn to drive their car :tongue: :rotfl: :thumbup:

I raced a kid with my stock WRX and he had a slightly modded RX-7 (FAST) and I beat him in the 0-70 easy. but he passed me at like 80mph.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
From a roll she'll win if she doesn't suck at life. From a dig, it's all you.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I know I know haha. With great tax returns comes great modifications.
What makes a great tax return? Do you print it on expensive paper or something?

You mean a great tax refund.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Properly driven its a high 13sec @ 101-102 mph car.

That means that from a stop it will be close... from a roll you'll lose. This is all supposing she knows how to drive.

Considering her newness to the car, I am going to anticipate you beating her from a stop but if you go over 100mph her catching up and her beating you from a roll.

Once you go stage 2 the stop is all you, and the roll will be close.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
It must be lonely all the way up there on that soapbox.
The only thing I can make out clearly as I peer down into the crowd is your neck. :sadwave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts