Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the stereo upgrade worth it? 300 bucks seems like a good price to have the factory put it in. How does it sound? What is the total wattage on the upgraded system?

I'm thinking about getting a WRX soon and I want to know what would be worthwhile to get from the factory.

Thank guys.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
how much are you into car sound?

i am a bit of a music psycho, and i like premium sound. i got the stereo upgrade with the sub, and i was less than pleased. i now run two fosgate xlc 10" with a punch 360 amp. before the subs, the bass in the car was really litte more than a nice 6X9 would produce. so i've obviously solved the bass problem :D the $200 for the subaru sub for example, could buy you a small amp, a box, and a nice 10" amp that would make a lot clearer louder bass for the same money.

the upgraded speakers are not terribly clear and precise, but they're better than any other car's speakers in this car's price range, and i'm not really dissapointed in them. they'll do nicely till i'm done spending money elsewhere, but if you're a real sound buff, you won't be dissapointed.

but if you were a real sound buff, you'd have already planned to replace everything anyway, right?

just my $0.02.

dR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts