ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy, i just purchased a 2006 sti the weird thing about the car is when u unlock the windows so everyone can control there own windows the cars radio turns off, but when you press the window lock button, the radio works and the drivers side window works but no other window works from the drivers side control. the guy i bought the car from bought it from the dealer like that. does anyone know what the problem of this could be?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
It can be simple or it can be complicated. First thing is to find the short which can be hard or easy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think i should take it to a subaru dealer to try and get the problem fixed or a small local shop that has lots of experience with these cars?

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
If you're electrical savvy, first thing I would do is get some diagrams and see where the two circuits could be linked.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Really weird **** can happen when things are grounded poorly so the first thing I'd check is the main ground on the stereo and then move on to what mangostick suggested in determining links between the two systems. I probably wouldn't worry about diagrams; rather, see if the installer did some sort of hack job and possibly unknowingly tapped into that switch for something with the stereo. Like many other switches in our cars it could be grounded when depressed so certain stereo connections could work in that state, e.g. negative speaker terminals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
electrical isnt really my thing haha last time i tried it with my other car things went bad so i just wana let someone who knows what there doing to do it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it has a stock stereo but the car does have a command start so they could have screwed something up with the wiring but he got that done to the car after he bought it and he said he bought the car from the dealer like that so i dunno he could be lying

1 - 11 of 11 Posts