Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first things first, is my steering wheel stock or not? It's definitely Subaru OEM, but between a few facebook groups, NASIOC, and here, it's about 50/50 on whether or not this wheel came stock on 04-05 wagons. Some say it's from a Forester, Outback, etc. while some say several wheels were stock (including this one) and were options. I rarely see it anywhere and have yet to see it on a blobeye wrx.

Regardless, it's falling apart and it's not just worn leather. This momo feels like it's a multi-piece wheel and the pieces are starting to separate. So, I figured to save myself the stress, I would just pick up another wrx/sti wheel and throw it on instead. Now my question is, will there be any fitment issues with this airbag by switching to a wheel like this?

I was also considering ordering a wrap kit like this if the wheel will fit, that way overall condition of the new wheel wouldn't matter.

Overall thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a stock steering wheel that only came on the 2005 WRX. After 2005 Subaru went with a non momo steering wheel. Any steering wheel from a 2005 to 2007 WRX or STi will fit without modification. Should be plug and play including the cruise control.

I have 2005 WRX steering wheel and airbag if you are interested. Condition 9/10. Let me know if your interested and I will get some pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good info, thank you. I ended up getting another wheel, swapping it out, and re-wrapping it. Here's the results:
Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Car Steering part

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Mirror Gear shift Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a kit from East Detailing. They go right over the old leather. If there's any tears or blemishes that stand out on the old wheel, you'll want to make sure you smooth it out at the bare minimum, or it will show through the new material.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a stock steering wheel that only came on the 2005 WRX. After 2005 Subaru went with a non momo steering wheel. Any steering wheel from a 2005 to 2007 WRX or STi will fit without modification. Should be plug and play including the cruise control.

I have 2005 WRX steering wheel and airbag if you are interested. Condition 9/10. Let me know if your interested and I will get some pics.

Hi!🤚would you happen to still be selling that 05 WRX steering wheel, I’ve been looking all over for one, I have an 04 WRX, with its stock wheel and I was looking to swap it for an 05 WRX One. Can email back at [email protected], if still selling, Thanks✌🏽.

·
In Æternum
17,125 Posts
Reply with your email address and I'll send you pics and more details about the 05 steering wheel I have for sale.
Buyer beware: I would suggest that you conduct business by private message. This is typical behavior of scammers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts