Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I had suspension upgrades done on my car I noticed that the steering wheel was off by a few degrees to the right. I initially thought it was due to the road crowning / wear, that kind of thing.

I had the work done pretty far away from home, so when I was back in that area, I went by the shop and they said it was indeed off. They set it straight and I was on my way.

A week later, the steering wheel is off by about two degrees in the other direction. :eek3: It tracks perfectly straight, but when you're on those rare, perfect stretches of road and can let go of the wheel for a sec to check your alignment, the wheel is ever so slightly off.

I added a signature that shows all the mods I have on the car. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I called the shop and they suggested I get the alignment done again, and maybe have the tie rods looked at in the process. I'd like to find what's going on so I'm not looking at an alignment every couple of weeks.

Thank you.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Wheel direction is adjusted during alignment. If you don't out a little tool on the steering wheel to keep it from moving it or have somebody hold it, it's easy to have it cocked during adjustment.

Get it aligned, tell them to pay extra special attention to the wheel direction. Have them ensure they tightened all the adjustment holds once alignment is set so it doesn't loosen back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts