Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the factory (blue) emblem for the steering wheel be easily replaced? I'm not sure *how* I did it, but I must've knocked something against it, and now it's bent/dented. I'm wanting to just replace it, not cover it up because the dent is still visible and tangible through the overlay I already had on there.

So is it an easy fix? Pry off, glue a new one on? Please advise...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 2015 WRX. Replacing that whole cover sounds expensive and dangerous (air bag deployment). Is it a DIY project, or do you think this could be replaced under warranty (which I'm still in thankfully)?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
maybe fill in the dent and then put the overlay over it so it sits flush?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, it's pretty much part of the airbag, will cost upwards of 500 to replace. guess the fill in option is the cheapest way to go.
The airbag cover piece itself is sold apart from everything else, and is less than $30. But I haven't done enough video research on its removal yet. A few videos are far more in-depth than I've had time to review, and most are for complete steering wheel and/or airbag removal...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So let me tell you how AWESOME the people at Heuberger Subaru are....!! I took my car in this morning just to get an assessment, and it turns out I didn't do anything to that emblem, it was just a pretty severe blemish. They're going to cover it under warranty and replace it for me next week. The people there, especially the service manager, Cole, were 100% positive, helpful, and willing to do whatever it took for customer satisfaction.

Love those guys, always a great experience!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts