Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an issue for some time where I think I'm doing far too many steering corrections on a straight flat road.
I've been trying to figure out the cause for a while and having no luck. New struts, springs, top hats, steering rack, inner/outer tie rods, ball joints, poly steering rack bushings, and a Whiteline ALK so bad parts can be pretty much ruled out with everything torqued to spec with the car on the ground. It's all been aligned, not matched perfectly from side to side, but as close as the local shops seem to be able to get.

The only real issue I had when I was putting things in was I couldn't get the top nut on the spring tightened down exactly to spec and the drivers side strut had to be removed so the spring was aligned in the perches like it should have been. The top nut is close to spec but possibly worth mentioning because I'm not sure if that affects the spring preload. I'm really not even sure what sort of issues spring preload would cause, which is why I'm trying to explain everything as well as I can.

Also possibly of note, when I lift the front of the car on the jack the passengers side tire hangs down further than the drivers side tire does. I figure that might be a sign of the problem cause I generally have to pull the car back to the left.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not talking about bushing preload cause I already relaxed all the mounting points and retorqued them at ride height, I'm talking about the spring preload.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
I'm not talking about bushing preload cause I already relaxed all the mounting points and retorqued them at ride height, I'm talking about the spring preload.
It sounds like you have something in a bind.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That does seem pretty possible, but I can't figure what exactly. I've been messing with this since at least the summer of 2017. I just can't figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts