Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right. I got hassled by the popo again tonight.

I wasn't doing anything. Driving leisurely down to my local Blockbuster to get a movie or two. A cop is stopped on the side of the road. About 5 cars are waiting at the light with me. The light changes, and we move. I was second in the left lane, so I wasn't even standing out at all.

So the group of cars passes the cop and he pulls out and gets behind me. We come to the next light. He's behind me. Light changes, we start to move and he changes lanes and starts to pass me. He gets a car-length ahead of me and then slows down and gets behind me again. Im thinking...:confused:

We come to the next light with him behind me. When the light changes, he turns on his lights and pulls me over. I'm really puzzled cause I know I wasn't doing anything wrong.

He comes up to the car and asks for my info. I ask him why he pulled me over. No front license plate (CA sucks about that). I didn't put mine on cause my car didn't come with a bracket and I think it looks better without out.

He asks me why I don't have a front plate on. I tell him I didn't get a bracket with the car and never got around to getting one. I tell him my front is behind my back plate. He asks me if I have any issues with my license. I tell him no. He tells me to wait and goes back to his car to run my license. He comes back and tells me everythings fine. I felt like saying, "I just told you that *******," but controlled myself.

Then he says, "You better get your front plate on. You probably know the reputation these cars have. That's probably why you got it."

This is the third time in a little over a month. I'm starting to believe in conspiracy theories and such! ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chevyeater said:
We have a reputation with the police now?
At least here where I live we do.

I forgot to add this. After I got the warning, I looked to see how many cars have front license plates. I saw a bunch of cars without them - Lexus, Escalade, Eclipse. About 1 in 10 didn't have them.

So, why did he decide to pull me over? Because I am driving a WRX.

Oh, and I did go and get a bracket and put the plate on. No reason to give them a reason to hassle me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'm not just getting more paranoid and in need of medication.

[Better living through pharmaceuticals]

I had to go out about an hour later to get the pizza that was going to accompany the movies. Just around the corner from my house, I see lights flashing. This draws my attention to a car with its hood up and a guy and cop looking under the hood.

Hmmmm...wonder what they were looking for? Illegal mods maybe?

Damn! I wish they'd have never made 2fast2furious. It's like the nazis have taken over around here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i was at a meet in ny where everyone just comes to show off their cars, and the cops stopped a ricer and impounded his car cause the engine vin didnt match the chassis vin. engine probably was stolen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee said:
i was at a meet in ny where everyone just comes to show off their cars, and the cops stopped a ricer and impounded his car cause the engine vin didnt match the chassis vin. engine probably was stolen.
engine swap maybe? the cops in my area are ok with my Rex (*knock on wood*). i dont drive stupid on the road, less chance of drawing attention.

but, when i drive my civic around, i get looks by cops and random tails. i assume they're looking up my plate # and so on, and just leave when they find nothing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Bilkid said:
Damn! I wish they'd have never made 2fast2furious. It's like the nazis have taken over around here.
Ha, they have recently redefined the pronunciation of "Nazi." It is now pronounced "Government of California." Sorry for any confusion you may have experienced as they took over.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CKxx said:
Ha, they have recently redefined the pronunciation of "Nazi." It is now pronounced "Government of California." Sorry for any confusion you may have experienced as they took over.
I see! :D I guess I missed that little coup. Too busy driving my car.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I got pulled over about 2 weeks ago up in the mountains where I live. I was coming down a hill and the Deputy Sheriff was coming out of the Nudist colony near my house.(And NO, I have not been there!) No where I live, I may see one cop every month to 2 months tops. Cops never patrol near my house. So he obviously had nothing better to do.

I came down the hill coasting, maybe a little over the speed limit, but not by much. He saw me and sped after me. As soon as I spotted him, I slowed down to the legal limit. He followed me for a good few miles. I pulled into a street to let him pass me(mountain manners) and he followed me. I voluntarily pulled over since he was right behind me.

He came out and asked me if I knew why he pulled me over.(Wait, I volunarily pulled over?). I said no. He said I was speeding and I have a cracked windshield. He tried to get me to admit that I was speeding. I wasn't going to fall for that. Before he goes back to his car to check my liscence, registration and insurance, he utters "That is a very nice looking car." I replied, "Thank you". I couldn't believe he didn't ask me about my exhaust and the SBC-id boost controller I had sitting on my dash(which is now gone).

After a few minutes, he comes back and just gives me a warning about the windshield. Which I replaced the very next day. Before he goes back to his car, he utters again "You have a really nice looking car", which I replied "thanks" again.

One word of advice, if you don't give cops any reason to stop you(cracked windshield, loud exhaust, front liscence plate removed, excessive speeding), they really don't have and excuse to stop you. At least most of the time.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
One word of advice, if you don't give cops any reason to stop you(cracked windshield, loud exhaust, front liscence plate removed, excessive speeding), they really don't have and excuse to stop you. At least most of the time. [/B]

This is true. Although I do live in Ohio - where a front license plate is required, i'll be damned if i'm going to leave it on just because they want me to, for no safety reasons whatsoever.

As an aside, this isn't directed at you - I just get tired of the "a front license plate is required in this state blah blah."

Eric

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got pulled over by a cop when I had a prelude. I was turning right while the cop was in the left turning lane. He cut across the intersection and followed me for a couple seconds before pulling me over, now my car was not modded at all and I wasn't speeding. I had no front plate but he never looked at the front of my car and he said he pulled me over because my sticker was about to expire (but I think I had the extension sticker from the DMV) and he gave me crap because my drivers license had my old address on it. What the f*@k? Damn crazy cops.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i had some dumb vista pd pull me over last summer at 1:30am with obviously nothing else to do. i was driving my 90 rx7 completely stock on the outside, oxidized paint and all. i wasn't doing anything wrong. he took a look at my license, saw i was from bonita and asked me what i was doing all the way up in vista. i should've said "none of your goddamn business", but i played nice, told him i was visiting my girlfriend.

he then proceeds to ask me a whole bunch of bull**** questions right after going to his car to run my license, "looks like you have a couple of amps and a subwoofer" and "where'd you meet your girlfriend, blah blah blah" i start to answer , "we met..." he cuts me off "well, i don't need to hear your life story" i wanted to slap him. why'd you ask me in the first place, ****er? he told me to be careful and sent me on my way. it's like racial profiling, except instead of seeing a minority, they see someone in a certain vehicle and think that we are all racers. i'm all for the police, but damn, that was retarded.

i don't have a wrx yet or my rx-7 anymore, but i feel for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts