ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres whats up. i bought a 2002 wrx that was wrecked. I fixed the damage, and now it will not start. it has fuel+spark. but when you try to start it. all it does is crank then die. what is the problem?

it leaks fuel a little just squirts out on top of the injectors. but had a utec i was told to remove. so i did and plugged the stock ecu in normal.

well let me know im not a suby guy at all

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
ok heres whats up. i bought a 2002 wrx that was wrecked. I fixed the damage, and now it will not start. it has fuel+spark. but when you try to start it. all it does is crank then die. what is the problem?

it leaks fuel a little just squirts out on top of the injectors. but had a utec i was told to remove. so i did and plugged the stock ecu in normal.

well let me know im not a suby guy at all
So you checked 2 possibilities, check some more. How about timing and compression?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrx

well i havent checked timing, compression. the car was the kid's daily driver he wrecked it racing so it ran. so would timing jump like that? and compression it just wouldnt start right? and have you seen where the spark plugs are in these cars lol.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Yes.

I'm not there, you are.

There was enough damage to cause fuel to leak out of the injector rail? Gotta start with the basics. Sudden stops can cause timing jumps, i've seen it. Are you sure fuel pressure is at spec?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
t

ok ill check timing because when he crashed they didnt know it was a dead end and jump a birm onto a golf course. so ill call that a sudden stop

but im lost with the car to the point i just want to pull the motor and buy new

how do you check timing i just checked alldata they say you need to run the car then check it with a subaru computer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts