ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

Well Like I said I am standing on the edge getting ready to purchase an 08 wrx. I am looking at the end of next week.

I have lurked around, did some reading on motor breaking (sounds alot like some of the bikes I have owned). Every 08 that I have looked at has had a couple of hundred miles on it. I have driven a few of them. They seemed strong enough. But I am a stickler on the proper breakin of a motor. I was think of having the stealership jump through a couple of hoops, color, nav system, and the most important a vehicle that has less than 50 miles, 25 miles or less would be even better.

Am I going off the deep end?

I realize that this is a general question but is there anything that I should consider before I buy?

Any thought would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I test drove the 08 and loved it! I just didn't like the car payment per month! :screwy:

Deep end? Naw, its ok to be wary and take your time when it comes to STEALERSHIPS! Wait till the end of the month and go in on saturday 2-3 hrs before they close. I was a salesman and that is the BEST time to get a good deal! Hope you credit is up to snuff! :p

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
My 06 wrx had 12 miles on it and my 07 STI had 5 when I picked it up.

You arent going off the deep end but it's going to be harder to find one with low to no miles on it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
A car with 50, 100 or 200 miles on it is nothing to worry about, thats why they have warranties. Good luck getting any dealer to jump through hoops to sell you an '08. There are no incentives yet, so anything you ask for, you'll pay (finance) for. Taking an '07 off the lot in a few months will be worth something to the dealer, not an '08 now. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I lucked out and my 07 has 30 miles on it when I testdrove - then I bought it and took it home. Would I have cared? No, probably not... I also test drove a used 07 STI with 300 miles on it. Honestly, the mileage never mattered.

Dealer did make a big deal out of the break in period though.

I agree - there seems to be little incentive on the dealer side. They know they don't have to "try" and get rid of a WRX - eventually someone always buys them.

The 07s had a decent incentive (I bought mine 3 weeks ago) - $750 off, and the dealer brought the price to invoice, then subtracted the $750. The 100,000 mile warranty only cost me $1400 - I suggest that to anyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the thoughts... I have been talking with one stealership in particular. (although I have been to a few different ones) The guy I have been dealing with is freash out of the gate... very hungry for the deal! I am seeing if I can't dangle that carrot out in front of him for a little while longer. Mabey something will happen.

I want the car really bad, but hunt is half the fun!

I test drove the 08 and loved it! I just didn't like the car payment per month! :screwy:

Deep end? Naw, its ok to be wary and take your time when it comes to STEALERSHIPS! Wait till the end of the month and go in on saturday 2-3 hrs before they close. I was a salesman and that is the BEST time to get a good deal! Hope you credit is up to snuff! :p
My credit is great.... So that leads me to another general Question What is the best deal that people have seen on an 08...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hey Rocky:sadwave:

Sounds like fun. You might want to consider an after market nav. system. I think the stock one could be easily surpassed in quality for less money. :)

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club.:)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,204 Posts
Every 08 that I have looked at has had a couple of hundred miles on it.
A car with 100 miles is no problem. That's the reason you should not feel bad in not buying that car and insisting that the dealer bring you a car with less than ten miles on it. The dealer will have no issues selling the other car, and you don't want the other car in any case so there is no point in buying it.

Only buy a car you want. Insist on a car with less than ten miles, perfect paint, and exactly the options you want. It makes no difference whether you are being rational or considerate. You have money, they have cars. If they say no, find someone that'll say yes. Simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a bit difficult as the 08 of less than 50 miles is not easily available . So you have to struggle a lot for it !
If u really want it than you ll definately get it .
Well I settled for a car that had 57 miles on it!

A car with 100 miles is no problem. That's the reason you should not feel bad in not buying that car and insisting that the dealer bring you a car with less than ten miles on it. The dealer will have no issues selling the other car, and you don't want the other car in any case so there is no point in buying it.

Only buy a car you want. Insist on a car with less than ten miles, perfect paint, and exactly the options you want. It makes no difference whether you are being rational or considerate. You have money, they have cars. If they say no, find someone that'll say yes. Simple.
I thought I was being a pain in the a$$, but I did the search over the internet. That is one of the beauties of the internet... A lot of the negotiating was via e-mail. I could hit 10 different dealerships in an hour. I told the dealership the key features in the car that I wanted i.e. low mileage and they did the search for the car. I had a 4 dealerships get back to with the specs that I had chosen. Then the fun began pitting one dealership against the other. I found a dealership in Oakland, CA. Made sure that the car had everything that I wanted and pulled the trigger!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Well I settled for a car that had 57 miles on it!
Made sure that the car had everything that I wanted and pulled the trigger!
Congrats! Enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts