·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2017 WRX
Invidia r400 Gemini(cat back)
Cobb access port
Cobb Big SF air intake

wondering if I should get- J pipe(if so what kind), FMIC, charge pipe next?

I also am in the market for wheels and tires and coil overs- but was thinking id do the turbo related stuff first? any advice is welcome

just curious what order other people went with ?

·
Æternum
19,969 Posts
Your car is a familiar platform at this point. While the OEM "J-pipe" isn't as restrictive as the downpipe on the EJ motors, it is still considered a "first step" modification.

Coilovers -- be careful. I've seen a lot of people circulate through these forums to know that there is a misnomer among car enthusiasts that coilovers are "always an upgrade." This is simply not true. The OEM suspension on the VA chassis is quite good from the factory. Most coilovers will be a performance downgrade. Good coilovers cost >$1500 for a set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your car is a familiar platform at this point. While the OEM "J-pipe" isn't as restrictive as the downpipe on the EJ motors, it is still considered a "first step" modification.

Coilovers -- be careful. I've seen a lot of people circulate through these forums to know that there is a misnomer among car enthusiasts that coilovers are "always an upgrade." This is simply not true. The OEM suspension on the VA chassis is quite good from the factory. Most coilovers will be a performance downgrade. Good coilovers cost >$1500 for a set.
Hey thanks for the Reply !

If I am getting the J pipe, one thing Im curious about is if I should get the invidia J-pipe/downpipe since it will like hook up to my exaust more easily. or go for the Cobb one bc they will likely have a tune for it on the AP? the problem with the Cobb one is i think its 3" and I think my exaust is 2.5? is there some kind of adapter peice or something ?

I guess I might need a custom tune but Im having a hard time finding a shop to do it here in Austin

·
Æternum
19,969 Posts
The question is -- are you OK with making your car illegal for public roads?

If so, I suppose the brand is hardly relevant. Your concefn about the exhaust adapters is relevant, though I'm not equipped to answer. You might wantt to give each company a call and ask the question. If you can't get ahold of them, that should answer a deeper question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, I got a 2017 wrx too. I started with the cobb intake then full turbo back from cobb then I went with a charge pipe and top innercooler from grimmspeed. Removed the EGR and a tune. Car runs incredible

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I got a 2017 wrx too. I started with the cobb intake then full turbo back from cobb then I went with a charge pipe and top innercooler from grimmspeed. Removed the EGR and a tune. Car runs incredible
Man, all this sounds incredible and I'd love to eventually get in on the action. My problem is that I purchased an extended warranty and I'm worried that if I do any of these mods, the warranty will be toast. This true?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, all this sounds incredible and I'd love to eventually get in on the action. My problem is that I purchased an extended warranty and I'm worried that if I do any of these mods, the warranty will be toast. This true?
probably ....haha, or at least Ive heard even just putting the access port on could void the warranty. Im not 100percent sure though.
If you are looking for performance id say its probably worth it.... I mean the amount of money you are gonna have to dump into the car to pay for some of these mods aint cheap. So I guess it kinda depends what your priorities are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks Dude Im pretty sure im going to go a similar route. thanks for the response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts