Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stage kits or individual mods?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Order ala carte or an extra value meal?

I usually like to order ala carte so I can pick and choose what I do, when (read: when the credit cards recover!) but there's something to be said for buying a "set it and forget it" staged kit and just driving the pants off of the thing...

·
Registered
0 Posts
WizardBlackWRX said:
You can almost invariably get the parts cheaper via 'a la carte'. I personally don't think any one vendor (including myself) has the absolute best of every one thing. It will vary by opinion.
But doesn't "a la carte" require continuous remapping of chip? -- (in my soon to be case - Vishnu Uni-chip)?....If so, is there a way to do the remap yourself?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wondered this same thing. I would get a Unichip if I could remap it myself. Nope. Have to be a tuner. (i.e. have a dyno)

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Outraged said:

But doesn't "a la carte" require continuous remapping of chip? -- (in my soon to be case - Vishnu Uni-chip)?....If so, is there a way to do the remap yourself?
if you were prepared to dish out the package money, then just buy your "a la carte" stuff all at once. :confused: then you'll only need to map the chip once, right?

dR

·
Registered
59 Posts
they are both about the same really...

if u follow the stages..like most of the tuners suggest...ull be buying ala carte :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts