ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, I had to post it, I'm sorry. I was at our local meeting point and this cocky driver with his wannabe WRB Pearl saturn supercharged thing approaches us. "Who's subaru?" "mine" "wanna race the superchaged ion" "are you serious?" yeah he was, serious as a heart attack, and he was naive enough to think he was gonna spank me as he started talkin the smack. So we roll out to our race spot but a cop already occupied it so i decided to be nice and give him the advtange, turn around and go from a roll. at 35 in second gear, i get on it and wait for boost to spool and proceed to put about 15 limos on him. When we got back to our meeting spot he just said "wow, that was fun" and walked off. Good sport I guess? I thought this was too funny to pass up posting!:wiggles:

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
DTR rex said:
I wouldnt be that confident... they are not really THAT fast, but will stick click off low 15's. which is right around if not a tad better than a specV... also, caverdini is stageIV. but even a stock rex would have made him cry
what's there 1/4 mile and 0-60 times?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yup sounds a bit optimistic to me. Although it is supercharged so anything is possible. Numbers could be under rated. Just look at the srt 4. dodge did some sandbaggin on that one.:)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
the ion has a bit of a weight issue.. they advertised it pre release that it was going to be 2600lbs.. everything I've seen from other sources post release says it's about 2900 or so... that' weight advantage goes away real quick when it gains 300 lbs.. check Sport compact car's review: http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0405scc_redline/

they had it listed as 2960.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Redline Who???

I tested the Ion Redline awhile back, and was very disapointed with it. Power delivery felt like a 2000 Civic Si. Only good thing about it was the brakes and handling. A Stock WRX-SRT will walk all over an Ion Redline, I Gurantee It:D

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
TheBoostCreep said:
C/D estimated times:

0-60: 6.2s
1/4 mile: 15.0s @ 96mph

15 flat....hmmmm. Sounds a bit optimistic

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=7370&page_number=2
yeah, a bit optimistic indeed... from what i have heard it is more around the 15.1-15.4 area... but who knows. for the money though its definatly a competitor with the spec V, SI, etc...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not impressed by the Saturn Ion Redline in terms of raw power. However, I heard they handle pretty well and have good brakes.

I don't know why that owner couldn't realize how he'd get his ass handed to him by you but whatever, guess he wanted some "fun".

·
Registered
29 Posts
ive some of the saturn guys, one of my friends is a huge saturn guy. one of the nice saturns, the guys are cool, well because they have to fab everything up.

I knew this guy with a custom fab sl2, with a home grown turbo kit pulling 13s and ran it safely as his daily. It wasn't cool because he had a turbo, its cool because he did it himself.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got the magazine today too and that is what they have. If thats true, Subaru needs to step up the power in the WRX. It just needs a little more and then they should up the STi power anyways to compete better with the Evo MR. Heres to hoping for redesigned '06s.

·
Registered
976 Posts
2004SilverWRX said:
Road & Track Sept. 2004

2004 Saturn Ion Red Line

0-20-1.5
0-40-3.8
0-60-6.2
0-80-10.2
0-100-15.8
1/4 [email protected]
That trap speed is enough to beat a stock WRX from a roll. Obviously quarter mile is another story but I'd watch out for those cars if I was driving a stock WRX.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts