ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today it took me and a friend 6.5 hours to install the VF34, STi 565's, Walbro Fuel Pump, Cusco Rear Sway bar. Everything I'd say went very smooth until I friggin lost the LAST NUT to tighten one of the downpipe studs. So a trip to the store later and we're off! Boost comes on quick and very hard. It feels awesome in all gears. Just awaiting my Perrin TMIC and all will be set....for now....on the motor.

PS-The GBODS weren't as hard as everyone claims :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not going to do any extensive tuning right now because of the Perrin TMIC coming in a couple days and no EGT gauge installed. I'm currently running a 17psi map but am still getting knock around 4-5k. I'm just gonna drive her nice and soft til next week when I get the rest of the gear in. No sense doing a bunch of pulls, knocking, and getting a good tune...and then throwing the TMIC in and retuning the whole damn thing. I'm very impressed so far, we'll see as time goes on!

·
Registered
882 Posts
man you are right by axis power racing, just go there :D

Boosted4 said:
Whos doing your tuning? BTW, where are you going to put your EGT sensor at? Im undecided at this point and just kind of want some input from others.

-Griffin

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i have not been to any nebraska subaru meets. Where are you from? I'll be doing street tunes with a friend of mine here soon. I'll be doing pretty "conservative" tunes until I get the Wideband "tuna".

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
hmm, well, most of us are in Omaha. i just may be willing to part out with my Tuna pretty soon here, let me know if you're interested, i'd be selling it with my modded glove box. ceck out
www.nebraska-subaru.com for more information on the club.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Re: ...

Cavadini said:
definately PM me when you're selling the tuna.
will do. i'm gonna put in my EBC, tune the car with the tuna again, just to make sure my AFRs are still right, and then i may or may not sell it. i probably will though, as it won't be of any GREAT use to me once i'm tuned.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cavadini said:
Still doesn't change the fact that my 3 year old nephew could come up with a more serviceable design. If you've ever done injectors on a well designed inline motor, you would agree that working on a Subaru motor is teh suck.

Jimbo

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Cavadini said:
Being as I've taken mine off and put them on about 6 times now I would have to agree. The key is removing the oil filler neck and cam breather nipple on the drivers side. If you do that the bracket pops right off and slides easily back on.

I also agree with Jimbo. In some ways, working on the flat four is teh suck. Simple things like spark plugs and injectors become a much bigger PITA. I could change the plugs on my Honda in less than 10 minutes. It takes that long just to remove the battery, airbox, and washer fluid tank in the Subaru.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts