ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post my results because to many people think Z06 vettes are the greatest thing around. I just beat my 4th Z06 Corvette. This time it was on the street. We raced from a stop light up to about 80mph or so.(50mph zone) He actually gave up first with me up about 2-3 cars in front . The other 3 ZO6s I've raced were at our local 1/8 mile were my 8.18 has been more than fast enough to beat them.

I know that a ZO6 vette has a lot of top end. I also know about all the stock z06 vettes that have gone low 12s and even some supposely high 11s. But for every low 12 sec run there are dozens of Z06s running high 12s to mid 13s in the 1/4 mile. I see them all the time run mid to high 8s in the 1/8 mile at our local hot and humid track.
To many people have their eyes stuck in magazines. A z06 vette can't even dream of running a 3.9 sec 0-60mph on the street. On the street I kill them racing stop light to stop light.

I'm to smart to race one on the highway or at high speeds 100 mph+. One, I don't want the reckless driving ticket and two I know I would lose. But hay at least I can beat one from 0-90mph.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Z06

The Z06 is not too shabby on a road circuit either. Stonking power / torque with grip to match. Not to mention traction aids -anybody with a pulse rate oughta be quick in a Z06. I don't think you can beat it for the price. At least until the new Cobra comes out.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
So with all your mods, how much have you invested? How much did your car cost? I'm trying to compare that to the price of a Z06(approx. $45,000, I think). You probably didn't spend anywhere near as much on your ride and mods combined. Nice kill! :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AjDaMan said:
So with all your mods, how much have you invested? How much did your car cost? I'm trying to compare that to the price of a Z06(approx. $45,000, I think). You probably didn't spend anywhere near as much on your ride and mods combined. Nice kill! :D
I've paid 25k for my WRX. I paid $3700 for my Stage 4 kit last spring. I bought mine piece by piece. So my total investment is around 29k.

You will also spend more than 45k out the door. More like 54K out the door for a new Z06.

Whats makes it fun is when you pull up to the line in a WRX with a Z06 in the lane next to you. The crowd is all hyped up hoping the WRX will win. Then when you beat him the crowd goes wild. I get people coming up to me after the race telling me how bad ass that was to see my little Subaru beat a Z06 vette. Thats the best part. And even better is when you pull up to a stop light and the guy in the Z06 lookd over at you like you have to be kidding. Then he's left with his mouth wide open wondering what just happened when hes several cars back at 80mph.

That exact thing also happened with this guy and his girl friend in a brand new Porshe Carrera. We both rolled off the line slow and then floored it in 1st gear. We raced up to about 100mph and I beat him by3- 4 cars or so. The guy freaked out and couldn't believe I beat him. His girl friend also had a big grin on her face.

:D

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Everybody loves the underdog! :)

Must feel great... I'll be there some day!

Aloha,
Richard...

·
Registered
173 Posts
dude, awesome is all i can say. it must be great beatin these big american powerhouses in a little riced up japanese car. rock on!:cool: so where can i get this stage 4......who sells it, and where can it be installed. i would definitly make the trip!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dccphs said:
dude, awesome is all i can say. it must be great beatin these big american powerhouses in a little riced up japanese car. rock on!:cool: so where can i get this stage 4......who sells it, and where can it be installed. i would definitly make the trip!!!
The Stage 4 is an upgrade package by Turboxs. It now runs $3900. Its worth it. Its a great combination of performance and daily drivablity. I drive my car to work everyday and go to the track on the weekends. I also took a 500 mile trip doing 80 +mph and they car ran great.

If you want more info on the Stage 4 setup checkout
www.Turboxs.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
thanks for the info sgoswrx, its really helpful. now i need to make a decision about what kit to put on my wrx.

·
Registered
235 Posts
well of course you're going to win light to light and in the 1/8 mile. AWD helps us out alot. but you go up against a good driver in a 1/4 mile or anything with right and left turns, then he is going to eat you up raw. those cars are amazing. one of the best V8's in the world and gas mileage that is up there with an S2000. but id never buy one :eek:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yo

You stated 0-60 in 3<.9sec ... how many hp & whp are you running? I want 0-60 in <3.9 also and that's my goal. I really don't care for 1/4 mile since I agree w/ it ... I hardly ever drive 100mph ... it's 90% 0-70. ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Re: Yo

chuglobal said:
You stated 0-60 in 3<.9sec ... how many hp & whp are you running? I want 0-60 in <3.9 also and that's my goal. I really don't care for 1/4 mile since I agree w/ it ... I hardly ever drive 100mph ... it's 90% 0-70. ;)
I was replying to a guy who told me a stock Z06 run 3.9 sec 0-60mph which they don't come close to on the street.

My WRX runs 0-60 mph around 4.0 sec flat. That is based on my 1/8 mile time and mph. There is a track formula that you can use to determine your 0-60mph time. You need to know your 1/8 mile time and mph and then it will give you your estimated 0-60mph time.
I am running Turboxs stage 4 Setup (365hp claimed). I also have their race pipe (catless) . I also have their new Top mount intercooler. So I'm not sure how much HP I'm making now.

All the WRX's running high 7s , very low 8s in the 1/8 mile are running around 4 flat or faster 0-60mph.

I found a link to calculate 0-60mph

www.tweak3d.net/videos/calcs/sixty.shtml

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't seen one stock Z06 run 11's. They are mostly mid 12 second cars with a good driver. Mid 12 is amazing for a stock car that is 50 grand.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Humm ...

So if you're generating 365+/- whp, also claimed by TurboXs, are you're thinking around 0-60 in 4sec then I should be fine. I'm running 213.2 whp and doing 0-60 in 4.8sec ... yes I run w/ a full tank of gas and everything on my car counting my roof rack. ;) I'm SERIOUSLY looking into the UTEC which should easily jump me to 365whp which is a 52whp+. Most people stated I should get 30whp but 50whp means I NEED to tune it for my specific mods which I will. I just wanna know I have a car than can do 0-60 in <3.9 seconds on average. :cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Humm ...

chuglobal said:
So if you're generating 365+/- whp, also claimed by TurboXs, are you're thinking around 0-60 in 4sec then I should be fine. I'm running 213.2 whp and doing 0-60 in 4.8sec ... yes I run w/ a full tank of gas and everything on my car counting my roof rack. ;) I'm SERIOUSLY looking into the UTEC which should easily jump me to 365whp which is a 52whp+. Most people stated I should get 30whp but 50whp means I NEED to tune it for my specific mods which I will. I just wanna know I have a car than can do 0-60 in <3.9 seconds on average. :cool:
The UTEC by itself will not give you that kind of performance. The high hp quotes people are giving you are either over stated or they are adding the mods you have to it. To get the kind performance you want your going to need a Turbo upgrade. The stock turbo can't make that kind of HP. A 3.9 sec 0-60mph would make your car a mid 12 sec WRX in the 1/4 mile. No one has run times anywhere near that without an upgraded turbo package.

My car has a VF30 Turbo, sti fuel injectors, up grade fuel pump, catless uppipe, 4'' down pipe, catless mid pipe, mega flow rear section. I also have up graded intercooler and run a high performance boost contoller 18.5 psi boost - along with the stage 4 Unichip program. The main player is the VF30 Turbo. Without that I wouldn't run times anywhere near what I run.

I would call Mark at Turboxs and tell him your HP goals. He can then design a package that will suit you.

:)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yo

It seems that an EMS will easily give you 20-30whp w/ OUT tunning. If TurboXs claims "40whp" on a STOCK WRX w/ NO other mods then having an uppipe, downpipe, and catback should indeed make a HUGE difference.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts