ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is stage 3 going to make the car that much more enjoyable? What would I be able to run against and beat? the new m3's? s4's? thanks in advance!

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
What would I be able to run against and beat? the new m3's? s4's?
really??? .. Kidding right? .. Seriously? :rolleyes:

You need to do more research before asking rather open ended and somewhat silly questions like that. There are literally hundreds of mods you can do past a dp/tune (commonly known as stage II) to make improvements in hp. All are going to change the cars characteristics and driveability. "enjoyable" is a relative term... hard to say what you might find "enjoyable". What exactly is it you want from the car? You'll need to know exactly that before you start a path of modification.

·
Banned
664 Posts
stages are just a word someone picked to kinda classify something. beyond a stage 1 flash and stage 2 DP there are no more stages. can you beat an M3, S4? yes. how deap are your pockets? do you want easy power or work for it? Motor trend has the 11 M3 at only 12.8 at 110 MPH. my 09 stock was 13.3 at 100 MPH and 12.8-12.9 at 107 MPH with FMIC, TBE, 19psi running 313hp on a dynojet. so its pretty easy to tie a M3! im shooting for 11.9 and i went the "work for it" route. a much easier and cheaper route would just be a large turbo and injectors.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Some people have been referring to stage 3 because Torqued Performance has a "stage 3" package which requires a TMIC or FMIC and EBCS. Fuel pump and colder plugs recommended.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Not to be a jerk - but why the 'builds' forum?

Anyhow, when you refer to 'stage III', it isn't really a closed issue as it's been said. Some people refer to it as a turbo swap, some just an intercooler, down pipe, and tune. Regardless, you may not be 'running with' the m3's even with a jet engine on the back of your car. There are many things that go into lowering track times - some way more drastically than some added power. For example: good tires, better brake pads, some better springs or sway bars, and most importantly - experience. If you are just talking about the drag strip exclusively - save the cash and put it away in prep for a new transmission/axles/clutch/whatever fails first. A running car always beats a paperweight =).

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
this thread needs more stg5 turbos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts