ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I finally decide to do it. We went ahead and installed a catless DP and with the Cobb CAI, and AP installed the stage 2 + SF HWG OTS map

I went HWG because with the normal stage 2 tune, the live data was showing a peak PSI of around 15.5 and with the the HWG 18.7 to 19 at times (which makes me think I'm running a little rich) and I'm sure is a product of going catless and not catted.

Initial thoughts. The sound is awesome. I get a little bit of backfire when I blip the throttle. Nothing crazy. The initial Butt Dyno made me instantly recognize more torque and throttle response. I believe I am going to go with a Torqued performance tune. I did notice a bit of the smell. Which I assume is bc the DP is new. Also on startup I noticed a small amount of smoke from the tips. Again, new pipe i assume. Also the car has 10k miles on it, so I didn't think it was a CV or coolant etc.

Anyways I am VERY impressed. I attached some shots of us modifying the heat shield. I am currently running no heat shield over the turbo. I didn't even think about it not fitting back. Haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys... so as the post said earlier... went stage 2. i actually moved from the Cobb OTS stage 2 tune, to the torqued performance tune. Its definitely a "cleaner" tune. It feels better... but i have no idea what im looking at... here are my data logs, 3 pulls from 2000K(give or take) to redline.

any thoughts comments would be greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArXNoUGWgu2sdEpvRS1BUjRhcExUcGQ3aE5kTVFGbUE&hl=en_US
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArXNoUGWgu2sdE5TRkFHYnNSbUpTTDhFaVFKUkpwOUE&hl=en_US
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArXNoUGWgu2sdEFvZ0NuTnZxWUs5WWI0aXgzZ2xDZ0E&hl=en_US

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't know very much about data logs so I can't say too much other than it looks like you have no knock, your d.a.m. is at 1, and boost looks to be ok other than that quick spike to 19.9

I have the TP stage 2 map but I'm running the Cobb now. The TP pulled nice but I didn't care for the way the car feels from 2-3k under normal driving conditions. Just feels really flat in that range. I suppose I could have him make some tweaks for me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can't believe there is no info about this...what model/year is your freaking car? I checked your profile even...

A catless dp will smell for sure...but show real nice gains on a tune. I don't know of any off-the-shelf tune that is made for a catless dp.

You might find something via Cobb that "seems" to work right but I know for sure their OTS maps are not calibrated for a catless system.

So...what are your mods and what year/model car do you have? I've been to hell and back with Evo 8 cars/tunes but fiddling with a LWG or HWG AccessPort tune sure seems like you're just looking for nice logs. Here in So Cal nice we have crap gas so I started at LWG maps but after finding a nice gas station I moved up to the normal map.

Logging doesn't mean much at all with no details.... What gas are you running? What car do you drive? And what power goals are you seeking?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO I finally decide to do it. We went ahead and installed a catless DP and with the Cobb CAI, and AP installed the stage 2 + SF HWG OTS map

I went HWG because with the normal stage 2 tune, the live data was showing a peak PSI of around 15.5 and with the the HWG 18.7 to 19 at times (which makes me think I'm running a little rich) and I'm sure is a product of going catless and not catted.

Initial thoughts. The sound is awesome. I get a little bit of backfire when I blip the throttle. Nothing crazy. The initial Butt Dyno made me instantly recognize more torque and throttle response. I believe I am going to go with a Torqued performance stage 2 tune. I did notice a bit of the smell. Which I assume is bc the DP is new. Also on startup I noticed a small amount of smoke from the tips. Again, new pipe i assume. Also the car has 10k miles on it, so I didn't think it was a CV or coolant etc.

Anyways I am VERY impressed. I attached some shots of us modifying the heat shield. I am currently running no heat shield over the turbo. I didn't even think about it not fitting back. Haha.
?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts