ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced for the first time today after dding my wrx since September. It was against my friend's 98 integra with a full exhaust, headers, manifold, fuel rail, intake, short shifter, and the timing has been messed with as well. My wrx has a 4in tbe, perrin cold air and turbo inlet, perrin radiator hoses, perrin recirc bov, and tires that need changing. I would say I beat him by a car length or so in both races but regardless it felt pretty good to get my first kill

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
what were your times?

also, you didnt put this on your list of mods, but do you have engine management for your TBE/intake?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
what were your times?

also, you didnt put this on your list of mods, but do you have engine management for your TBE/intake?
This...

That Integra can't be running more than 220 to the front wheels...only a car length?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh lord... somehow i managed to neglect to mention that they were 20-60 rolls haha... is that more reasonable?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Eh a little bit more reasonable...but street racing? :sadwave:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Meh, they're not that fast to begin with, he's not really that modded, all he has is a full exhaust and intake and timing "messed with". I'll leave the street racing issue alone....I'm assuming that you have no engine management for your car also?

vtec's a hell of a drug.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Meh, they're not that fast to begin with, he's not really that modded, all he has is a full exhaust and intake and timing "messed with". I'll leave the street racing issue alone....I'm assuming that you have no engine management for your car also?

vtec's a hell of a drug.
I'm not gonna lie, an LS VTec or a B18C5 done right can actually be a pretty beastly NA motor. My old roommate had a JDM conversion Type-R, down to the seats and dash, but complete with a built LS bottom end (B18b1 I believe) and JDM heads. Full bolt ons from pulleys, I/H/E, injectors/fuel pump, cams, the works, obviously tuned. He only had 235hp going to the wheels. The thing pulled incredibly well, and the RPMs could go to 9-grand. But I could walk him with my 2007 STI stock which is close to a 2011.

His Integra was incredibly nice though. Definitely one of the Hondas you appreciate as opposed to rolling your eyes at.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I will give the utmost respect to a well built Honda, no doubt. Your friend's one seemed pretty serious, and those are a lot of mods.

Having only a full exhaust and intake isn't really much and I'd really hope a WRX can "beat" one of those....on the track...

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I will give the utmost respect to a well built Honda, no doubt. Your friend's one seemed pretty serious, and those are a lot of mods.

Having only a full exhaust and intake isn't really much and I'd really hope a WRX can "beat" one of those....on the track...
Yeah...he was someone who knew what he was doing when he built his Integra. I was sad to see he sold it, but it just wasn't functional for him anymore. Certainly wasn't one of those "ZOMG, I have a CAI, cheap headers, and a giant CBE!!! I'm soooooooooo fast" type guys.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
hahaha yea. Way too many of them man.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Cheesy poofs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
thomas you still havent mentioned your tune for those of us that are curious. also my first car was an integra they are quick but against a stage 2 that seems silly.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I have a K series powered honda that would take any Subaru on this forum.. :)

Dont judge a book by its cover boys.

Street racing is bad mmmmkay

Nice kill.. Get some engine management and then you wont even feel like wasting your gas lol.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My only complaint about the K series swaps is that they were more expensive than the traditional B series swaps in the 96-00 model that i had. I am sure they have sorted out the initial issues, but there are only a handful of mechanics that I trust to do the swap in the first place.

My wife rolled her eyes when I went to look at a EK hatch the other day. It was a thought, but I really need a truck as a second vehicle. I wonder how she would feel if I were to do a ford ranger project and swap a Jag or t-bird IRS into it along with a LSx engine?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
My only complaint about the K series swaps is that they were more expensive than the traditional B series swaps in the 96-00 model that i had. I am sure they have sorted out the initial issues, but there are only a handful of mechanics that I trust to do the swap in the first place.

My wife rolled her eyes when I went to look at a EK hatch the other day. It was a thought, but I really need a truck as a second vehicle. I wonder how she would feel if I were to do a ford ranger project and swap a Jag or t-bird IRS into it along with a LSx engine?
I did it myself..

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, an LS VTec or a B18C5 done right can actually be a pretty beastly NA motor. My old roommate had a JDM conversion Type-R, down to the seats and dash, but complete with a built LS bottom end (B18b1 I believe) and JDM heads. Full bolt ons from pulleys, I/H/E, injectors/fuel pump, cams, the works, obviously tuned. He only had 235hp going to the wheels. The thing pulled incredibly well, and the RPMs could go to 9-grand. But I could walk him with my 2007 STI stock which is close to a 2011.

His Integra was incredibly nice though. Definitely one of the Hondas you appreciate as opposed to rolling your eyes at.
Anything can be fast if you're talking about built. These things are slow as hell stock. I'm pretty confident that I could beat them with my 96 firebird 3.8 v6 coupe with a misfire on one cylinder. lol

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I wonder how she would feel if I were to do a ford ranger project and swap a Jag or t-bird IRS into it along with a LSx engine?
If the 4-banger in my Ranger dies, I suppose I might resuscitate it with some kind of affordable swap.
OTOH, it's quite possibly the biggest piece of junk I've owned in the last 20 years, and I don't know if I want to put money into it. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts